Ouch!! New Shoes!!

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by TinyDancer109, Oct 3, 2008.

1. soshedances

soshedances Active Member

I'm also a fan of the liquid bandage stuff...when I'm having trouble with shoes, I'll put it on 2x/day, even on days I don't dance, so that I have a few layers on there before I put on the shoes.
  2. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

Bodyglide Anti Blister and Chafing Stick. Since using it I have not had 1 single blister.
  3. elisedance

elisedance New Member

You have long toe nails? First thing to go for my standard shoes (I suppose they can be long in latin shoes). I also play the violin so had to cut them short on my left hand (can't bear to do both so I try to keep my hands apart!! :rolleyes:).
  4. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I have to cut nails short on both my hands...gotta love piano.
  5. QPO

QPO New Member

I try not too, tend to ignore my feet so don't notice them getting long until I feel discomfort. As for the fingers, had false nails for 18 months they wont grow at the moment, very brittle must be lacking in something.

6. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

I tried this stuff based on this recommendation. It's FANTASTIC.

:kissme:
  7. barrefly

barrefly New Member

My daughter gets blisters in her heal area...so I don't know how this will work for the toe area.

What she does is to fold and roll the leather up and down the back of the shoe, thus softening the leather. This works wonders. It may be applicable to a solid rather than strappy vamp area...dunno.
    Good luck.
  8. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

:google:ing this product.... recently got new Standard/Smooth shoes and really don't want to deal with blisters.
  9. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

Found it at a local bike shop. ;)
  10. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

That's where I got mine too. Apparently, it is a popular product with marathoners. :D
  11. Tenehill

Tenehill New Member

This should have been the second-best use of the coke product. (The best is, perhaps, feeding your enemies).
  12. Tenehill

Tenehill New Member

_malakawa_:

Could you please describe the procedure in more details?

How long shall the mixture be applied? Is there is a danger of glues becoming weaker? Don't the colors change? Is the alcohol mixture definitely better than water?
  13. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

I have used this one first time last weekend comp and that was amazing.
  14. MariahHelms

MariahHelms New Member

New Comer - Breaking in New Shoes

Hello Everyone,

I started dancing in December of 2008, and finally got some shoes in as of a couple of weeks ago. I wear a size 12, they are 2 inch Magic Latin Dance Shoes... a gorgeous pair, they are leather on the inside and a cloth material on the ouside. I have danced in them about 3-4 times since I have gotten them, and now my big toes are pretty much raw on the outside from rubbing. It is very painful! I have been wearing them around the house, and using band-aids of course. I put some padding on the areas where they are giving me the most discomfort, and seems to be helping some.

How can I get these shoes broken in? (Without sacrificing my toes in the process!) :confused:

Thank you!

Mariah
  15. Bella

Bella New Member

Dansa, this is for you! hehe

I believe she filled up an empty soda bottle (plastic) with water and squeezed them into the shoes...
  16. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

then put in the freezer. :D

sounds strange ... but works
  17. MariahHelms

MariahHelms New Member

Can we be a little more specific? Step by step directions to be sure I don't mess up my shoes!
  18. Bella

Bella New Member

Originally Posted by dansa [​IMG]
    so i bought 2 small cokebottles (the plastic, 500ml ones) and filled them with boiling water and forced them "inside" the shoe so that it stretches it out.
  19. Bella

Bella New Member

For more specifics, I would PM her...

Oh, and welcome :)
  20. MariahHelms

MariahHelms New Member