Pajama Dance Party

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Purr, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Over the last few weeks, my studio has had a series of theme parties. So far, we've had the white party, the tropical fiesta party, the carnival party and the godfather party.

Well, someone had the idea that next week's party should be a pajama party. The idea is that you wear your favorite pair of pajamas to dance the night away.

I'm in a quandry about what to wear. My summer pajamas are not anything I'd like to be seen in public in (and neither are the winter pajamas for that matter). And, I can't imagine dancing in my big white bathrobe and fuzzy slippers. :oops:

Does anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone attended such a theme party?

2. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Sounds like a good excuse to go shopping :wink:

3. etchuck

etchuck New Member

Pajamas can't be more expensive than jazz pants. :)

Sounds like parties we used to have when I went to camp as a teenager or younger.

One of our members insists on a "clothes optional" dance, so I guess this is better than that.

4. Sabor

Sabor New Member

well.. i sleep in boxies.. so can't help u there i'm afraid.. lol sorry

5. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Actually! If you were to lend her one of your T-shirts, I am sure it will be long/decent enough, then all Purr has to do is sew on some pink ribbon/sequins :twisted:

6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Jammie party!! Woo hoo! :banana: My kind of party. Now I wouldn't wear what I go to sleep in because I would have nothing. :wink: I guess just pull out the ole pair I used to put on a long time ago. Or boxies. That would be cool. Like a beach party!! :)

7. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

No, never seen one of these; don't use pajamas so I don't know what I'd wear except maybe my bath robe. :wink:

Now, the next theme dance at our studio on the 28th is going to be a biker theme complete with motorcylces. 8)

8. lily

lily Member

I went to a New Year's Eve party once where the theme was pyjamas. It was great fun! I bought one of those victorian style white pyjamas that have matching trousers and top. It's rather hard to explain but the'd be ideal as you can dance in them really easily and they are completely decent! I'll see if I can find a pic online...

9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I've been doing some digging in my closet, and here's what I could wear to the party.

I've got a pair of royal blue cotton lounging pants from Victoria's Secret. To pair with it, I've also got a royal blue/teal/magenta floral patterned satiny sleepshirt also from Victoria's Secret. I have a majenta camisole from The Limited to wear underneath the sleepshirt, since it's semi-translucent. The majenta will match the jewel button on the sleepshirt, and I have majenta earrings and bracelets for accessories. Just for laughs, I might bring a magenta Beanie Buddy I have.

I can just about guarentee that the sleepshirt will attract attention. Most people wouldn't even imagine I own such a thing. :wink:

I still can't imagine what the guys, either students or teachers, will wear to this party. They'll probably just show up in their regular clothes and oogle whatever the girls are wearing. :roll:

10. Sagitta

Where's the fun in that? :( :cry:

11. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

If this were a private pajama dance party, I'd wear the sleepshirt sans the camisole. :shock:

But since it's not, the camisole stays. :wink:

12. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:shock: Flirt alert!!!

:lol:

13. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

ROTFL!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. volleybgrl

volleybgrl New Member

Some type of long lacy/satin nightie would be perfect. All covered up, and not looking like a hoe is the way to go :wink: I don't know what type of dance you're doing, but make sure the length of the night gown won't restrict your dancing.

15. Sagitta

That's sabor!! :shock:

16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

It is? Are you sure? :wink:

17. Sabor

Sabor New Member

yes he is! lol

18. ratherbdancing

ratherbdancing New Member

I would probably find a pair of pajama bottoms or even sweat pants and pair it with a tank top or tee-shirt.