Philly Fest 2008

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by samina, Apr 6, 2008.

1. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Pro Latin

1. Ilya Iframov and Nadia Goulina
    2. Nikolai Shpakov and Tatiana Banko
    3. Nik and Natasha
    4. Alexander Senko - Lydia Petrigova
    5. Ivailo Tonchev and Irina Boubnovskaia
    6. Plamen and Tina (Not positive about this placement)

Pro Standard

1. Garry and Rita Gekhman
    2. Samuele Pacchini and Tone Jacobsen
    Sorry, that's all I remember from Standard.

The crowd did not seem to pleased with Ivailo and Irina's placement. Samuele and Tone seemed to have a lot of fans in the audience.

Congratulations Nik !

2. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Congrats Kat!
    Congrats Nik!

You both looked great out there. CCP took some photos, though we're still in Jersey.

The rest of Pro Standard

3--Marek Gabor and Denisa Jancusova 4/3/3/3/3
    4--Paolo Di Lorenzo and Liene Darbiniece
    5--Vladimir Popov and Sushko Darya
    6--Genya Bartashevich and Olga Chekova

I *really* liked the rocking music for the latin!

Very full house, very appreciative crowd!

There was a little drama in the pro latin semi, as one female competitor collapsed to the floor. I'm not sure if she fainted or what. Maybe someone else has the full story.

I am visiting my parents and need to get back to it as every single member of the household has come up here and read over my shoulder while I am typing.

CCM

3. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I think it was Lydia that had some medical problem after she walked off the floor at the end of the semis. I guess everything turned out OK because she returned for the final round.

4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

3. Marek Gabor and Denisa Jancusova.

;)

Edit: whoops, I see chacha mama finished the list.

Chacha...how'd we miss each other last nite!?

5. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Cool!!! Congrats to Marek and Denisa!!! :applause:

6. reb

reb Active Member

Great placements . . . and reporting by DFers!

Any results from Rhythm or Smooth?

7. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

There was no Smooth or Rhythm last night. Maybe it was Fri.

Amateur Latin
    1. Tal Liv****s and Kate Kapshandy
    2. Max Belozerov and Kristina Avsyukevich
    Don't remember the other placements.

It was definitely a local field in the events last night. Most couples were from NY/NJ with a few from MD.

8. ChaChaMama

Dunno...though it was pretty packed in there! I was wearing the dress in my avatar and screaming mostly for Tal/Kate, Alex/Kat, and Nikolai/Natasha from the back left side of the ballroom (relative to the announcer's podium). My dh was mostly stuffed away in the corner near the on deck area snapping away.

Next time, for sure! Are you doing Yankee Classic in June? I've already bought tickets for Fri (Victor and Anna) and Sat (Eugene and Maria!), though I have yet to do such things as
    a) book hotel
    b) book plane
    c) enter events

Maybe I should get on that. Maybe we can get together with MQ!

CCM

9. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

didnt see anyone there besides GJB, wish I met cha cha Mama and had a chance to see samina.. but I heard our name from coule directions which was really nice as I thought there was nobody there who knew us..

Thank you ! :)

oh and having photos will be so nice, a very unexpected nice surprise :)

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

That explains it...I was to the far right. :)

And yes, will definitely be at Yankee! Would love to connect, but will have to remain flexible, as will be travelling with others.

There really was a great turnout last nite.

11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

You looked great, kat...and very cool dress. I got some pix of you on the floor, or...er...tried to. But my crappy camera is ill-equipped for the distance, movement, and dim lighting, so I ended up with ridiculously poor shots. :(

Next camera will be otherwise inclined. But you're right, I was cheering you on rather enthusiastically from my corner. :) And N&N. :)

12. Katarzyna

Thank you so much, I hope at next comp you will say hello:) 95% chance we will do Yankee...

I tried taking photos of dancing... very hard job

Have to say this comp had very exciting atmosphere, it was "fun" dancign there

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I always feel hesitant to bother competitors right after they wrap up...I thought I would see you in the ballroom later I the evening, but I think that's a lesson on the nees for more pro-activity. I would love to have visited with you. :)

Yankee for sure, if you go. :D
    That's on my b-day as well, so I know am going to be feeling very festive & social. ;)

14. Katarzyna

hey no problem, thank you for the cheers.. and the dress was COOL no:) ?? so totally me... so afraid to wear black for blackpool..
    see you in yankee most likely....
    ---------------
    thought tone and samuel looked fantastic... very impressed , huge difference between their first comp together in canada and philly..

15. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I was one of the people calling out "Go KAT!" : ) Congratulations!

16. ChaChaMama

Just got a sneak preview of CCP's Philly photos, Kat, and while there aren't tons of you and Alex (since it was only one round), there are some good ones, especially of quickstep! I'd guess maybe 12-15 photos...?

17. Katarzyna

Thank you so much :) cannot wait

18. Katarzyna

I heard that one I think ;) thank yoU!

19. whoiswho

whoiswho New Member

The couples on 3 and 4th did not belong there at all, everyone in the crowd knew that. It pays off to be related to a judge and do lots of pro am competitions. Ivailo and Irina should have been 2d or 1st and Plamen should have been third. The crowd booed the judges when these couples were placed. We all got a laugh out of it.Even S.Fortuna was surprised. It just shows to our dance community how politically presented this competition was,its a shame. Good result for Nikolay Shpakov, good job.Great dancing everybody, bad judging.

20. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

:shock: