Philly Fest 2008

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by samina, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Tone was working at Rogers, and started as an amateur with Basil Issaev two years ago, about a year ago she turned pro. She has since switched to Samuele. I believe they work for Arthur Murrays now. (maybe, could be wrong about that though)
  2. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Thanks, Larinda, you're an encyclopedia of dance. It looks like she has been dancing rather spectacularly after turning to a pro only a yr ago, especially in a new partnership. Another one I want keep my eyes on.
  3. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Tone works for Arthur Murray in Roxbury (or should I say Succasunna) and Samuele works at Starlight in Nutley.
  4. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Another encyclopedia, GJB. What a resourceful site.
  5. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

she turned pro when started dancing with Basil, she had am partner before when she was at BYU... they used to compete in Utah mainly but couple times ventured out... She's from Norway originally.

She improved a lot in the last 2 years... adn has fantastic look on the floor... beautiful girl... If I sponsor any couple for gowns it will be her for sure.
  6. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Thanks a lot, Kat, for some critical info for me. Please check your PM.
  7. Katarzyna

you're welcome, I will check tomorrow, going to sleep now. LONG day today
  8. NoDayButToday

NoDayButToday New Member

Hey all! Not sure if this is already posted but there is a really good youtube link of Irina and her partner from the Philly Fest '08. She's fabulous. You can catch other great pros too if you watch the other dancers around them! Check it out: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=_y6Fq35rA_g
  9. Katarzyna

I saw that, she is fabulous.. (imho.. coming from a standard dancer very little understandign of latin)
  10. NoDayButToday

NoDayButToday New Member

haha that's ok. I know very little about standard and still say certain standard couples are fabulous. When they look that good, you know they're good. Do you happen to know where Irina teaches? I would love lessons from her or her partner!
  11. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

She teaches in both NYC and NJ. She has a couple of web sites. One of them is www . dancewithirina . com. She is in Europe right now.