Poll for the ladies; To Cologne, or NOT to Cologne, THAT is the question!

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by joedevon, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I'll stand out as a lone dissenter here again...I love it when I'm able to smell my partner's (s') cologne on me at the end of the evening. Shrug.

2. Zoopsia59

Zoopsia59 Well-Known Member

Well, I'm glad we finally disagreed on something.. I was beginning to think I had Multiple Personality Disorder and didn't know it, posting under several screenames.

3. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

Me too.

4. AndaBien

AndaBien Well-Known Member

Doesn't that make you smell like a bouquet?

I have a limited sense of smell, so this thread goes right over my nose.

5. LoveTango

LoveTango Member

I am with you 100%, on this topic.

6. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Member

I am out of scope a little bit but the makeup components are also traveling ;)

I don't have so much hair now and use some cloth around my head instead: though not white any more! At the end of milonga I noticed the blackish,brownish stains where followers had had contact. It must have been unpleasant for the last follower to put her forehead there ....

7. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

ah the proustian morning after; smelling the night before on your discarded shirt; the perfumes of a thousand* women....

*artistic licence

8. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Yeah, Hai Karate lingers... :D

9. joedevon

joedevon New Member

;)

10. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

On the reverse side...Ladies often use some sort of powder, right? What is it?

11. bordertangoman

cocaine, i think...thats why they have mirrors in their bags;)

12. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Member

Oooh, that's the reason for all the happy looks!

13. DancinMachine

DancinMachine New Member

On the subject of this topic anyone have some particular cologne recommendations?

14. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

15. Lilly_of_the_valley

Lilly_of_the_valley Well-Known Member

It is a very subjective matter. On a general note, almost all modern scent tend to be quite inoffensive, so just pick one that you and your girlfriend/ladies friends likes best.

16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

just don't bathe in it and pick something that is clean and light, not sweet

17. UKDancer

UKDancer Well-Known Member

Plain Eau de Cologne fits the bill very well. Just a gentle citrus fragrance, that doesn't last too long. I never use anything else.

18. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

this is the sort of thing I like on a man, something that is crisp and fresh, either citrus, or pine or something that hearkens to fresh sea breeze...cannot abide sweet or musky...want it to be consistant with a recent shower and clean laundry...(which is also sufficient but can be enhanced if not fought with by something too complex and pungent or spicy...can't abide that)

19. bordertangoman

I use Verdon, no not Veron and nothing to with Pablo.

most ladies have commented favourably.

20. LoveTango

LoveTango Member

Hope the cologne is applied to somewhere which would not get passed from one person to another. I don't like to wear second hand cologne.