Post-Comp Celebration

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by suburbaknght, Oct 12, 2011.

1. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I'm hungry, and I'm tired, and generally have had too much coffee. At that point, the LAST thing I want to do is dance. For starters that would mean putting my shoes back on...

Mm. Eggs Benedict....
  2. dancerdol

dancerdol Member

Our entire team seems to gravitate towards cheeseburgers, sweet potato fries, wine or beer and carbs, carbs, carbs after we finish. Most of us give up all carbs (bread, pasta,alcohol) the weeks leading up to comp to lean out.

We also buy our pro a margarita as soon as he comes off the floor from his last Latin round. He has a nice post-comp ritual of walking around our table and hugging and thanking each student. At the pro show on Saturday night our ritual is to dress up but, also bring our team jackets. When he gets recognized in the line-up for Top Teacher - we jump up and down like maniacs and yell his name. Love, love, love our team!
  3. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

Norma's... The cafe/restaurant at Le Parker Meridien in mid town. Strongly recommend you making a reservation if you plan on going for Sunday brunch.
  4. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

A few have sentimental values, I wore them when I was looking my absolute worst. I intend to continue working like this, and one day wear it when I am 30 pounds thinner. =)

Sigh...I wish I could. It is covered in front but cuts slightly lower than where your bra usually goes at the back. Basically I only have my fishnets to try to control the jiggle but then again I can't bring it too high up or it will be seen. As if it's not bad enough that it gives me muffin top, it tends to roll down too!
  5. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Oh yums! Yes, I think that is a very smart advice, to bring good food with you so you don't just grab whatever that is available at that time. Gonna bring something like bananas, energy bars, fruit juice and/or string cheese. Thanks for the ideas! :D
  6. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

hmmm....celebrating with pro after a pro-am comp? depends on the pro, but like fasc stated, best not to expect anything....
  7. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the recommendation!