Prada & other luxe brands...

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Feb 20, 2007.

1. witchphd

witchphd New Member

Well, I'd like a nice tailored suit from Saville Row in London.

But I'd get more use out of the wide screen plasma TV. :)
  2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

I haven't bought new non-dance clothes, not to mention designer clothes, since I started dancing....somehow got totally diverted (read that as obsessed).

I think the last time I was in a mall to be un-dance related clothing was three years ago?
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

this does NOT work as a turn on
  4. witchphd

witchphd New Member

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

well then, enjoy your solitude(wink)
  6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

peach, you may simply need to be sex-and-the-citified... that'd probly be quite the initiation for you... if you have the inclination, dear, i can hook you up... :)
  7. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by witchphd [​IMG]
    Well, I'd like a nice tailored suit from Saville Row in London.

But I'd get more use out of the wide screen plasma TV. :smile:

rotfl!!! Who needs TV soaps! It happens here at DF all the time! :lol:

Samina, I remember reading once (or twice) that some fakes are better made than the real stuff! :lol: (Because, so much attention is put into selecting the materials and copying the item, to pass it off as real.)
  8. Laura

Laura New Member

I'm currently working my way through all of them via Netflix.

One can also look in Elle and Vogue magazines to get a picture of the currently popular luxe brands.
  9. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Oh...she has got by for so long without it...if she does dh may get overpowered...in a good way...no need for that.
  10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i think peaches has a secret SITC-esque alter-ego that might enjoy being tickled out into the light of day, tho... ;):cool:
  11. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

It's funny. I don't buy designer clothes. Some of their stuff is just awful, but they make money because of their name. I spend more money on accessories etc. than I do on my actual clothes. In my opinion, you can always make an outfit look expensive if you know how to dress it up. ;) I have a couple of sisters on the other hand that do the opposite, and I just don't get it. If they have a plain red sweater on, it looks just as good as my plain red sweater (sometimes depending mostly on material etc.). It depends on the brand I guess.
  12. noobster

noobster New Member

Ditto you on that, Peaches. (Except for the makeup, which I frankly never learned how to put on and now I am too old and cranky to change my ways.)

My price ranges are a little higher than yours - but I suspect that may be a matter of geography. It's pretty hard to find a reasonable pair of jeans for less than $50 in NYC.
  13. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Did I recently hear that NY is going to do away with the sales tax on clothing? Long overdue (and what a ripoff)...but I bet the malls in NJ will feel the squeeze.
  14. Pacion

Pacion New Member

::stain:: Everytime I see this thread title, I think of Meryl Streep in 'The Devil wears Prada' :shock:

I will never look at the brand Prada, the same way again. :lol:
  15. noobster

noobster New Member

I think it's gone already, isn't it? At any rate the last time I bought a piece of clothing (which was probably >6 months ago) there was no tax. I think there was supposed to be just one provisional sales-tax-free year at first, but I think it is over now and when it ended they just converted into no sales tax permanently.
  16. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

Would be nice to live in a sales-tax free/state-tax free state :)
  17. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Even better to live in an income tax free state that does have a sales tax.

That way, you not only pay no income tax, but you also get to deduct the sales taxes you paid. Lucky Floridians (and a few others)!
  18. tj

tj New Member

That's the case for Seattle, isn't it?
  19. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

New Hampshire....Live free or die!
  20. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member