Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Oct 12, 2006.
pfft it just gets you the interview
i would interview llamas just coz she dances
Awwwww you guys... ( where is the blushing smiley when you need it?)
Last run thru before comp and pro decides we need another run thru. While I appreciate he changing up his schedule to fit this in, not much of a confidence builder!
It just means he had so much fun he wanted to do it again.
I've actually have not had any Pre-comp disorder until alerted that another winter storm is on it's way tonight and tomorrow, and just got an email that my flight got canceled on Thursday ( I dance Friday morning). Just in case I can't get another flight out....do comps reimburse you if you simply have no way of getting there...or is that $$$ gone?
Check the comp website for the cancellation/refund policy if they list it. Otherwise I would guess your best bet is to have your pro contact the organizer. (But I am guessing.) If it is a comp you are interested in doing next year, they might credit your fees for you to use next year, even if they won't do a full refund.
Oh hear you Debmc...
Was planning to drive 6 hours to Canada on Friday and now a major snow storm on its way....
I am going to wait it out. Is there anyway you can drive, or are you just going too far?
That sucks... they should reimburse you if you can't get there due to bad weather
I am not sure I agree with you on this one...
Yes it stinks but really do we expect the organizers to control the weather, wherever we are coming from...
We take this risk when we fly to a comp.
I talked to pro. He says they will probably credit it towards a future comp. I hope so!
ditto that i feel for you east coast peeps right now
<----- rolls over so wife can put more sun tan lotion on my back while in LA
kidding hee hee sorry
My flight got rescheduled for later in the evening!
so you will make it?? good!!
Note to self: reconsider attending any comps during winter months!
note to debmc move to california
I would say "Or Texas"...but I've had more snow days in a year at my job in Dallas than four years at my alma mater in northern Indiana...that said, it is HILARIOUS to watch Texans go nuts about how unsafe driving on an inch of snow is.
It depends on the Organizer. Contact them directly as soon as you know your transportation mode is not viable e.g., all flights cancelled. Airlines are not going to risk their equipment "stuck" on the ground. They now start cancelling pre-weather related conditions and "park" the equipment until the weather clears.
Organizers are quite use to things that happen and typically your entries would be held until the next year's comp or another comp that the same organizers may put on.
In Austin it's not the snow. They have ICE storms. And really, no one has chains, which wouldn't help anyways. Watching cars and trucks sliding sideways on the I-35, I-45 fwy flyovers is never a good thing. Now the P.D./F.D. close down the fwys. Sidestreets/frontage roads are another issues, there are lots of folks who still believe they can "get up the hill" on the ICE,,,and from my daughters window I see at least 80% of those that attempt THAT, slide backwards to the bottom. GEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz.
Separate names with a comma.