pre-competition disorder

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

pfft it just gets you the interview

i would interview llamas just coz she dances:eek:
    stash, llamasarefuzzy and cornutt like this.
  2. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Second that!
    llamasarefuzzy and Mr 4 styles like this.
  3. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Awwwww you guys... ( where is the blushing smiley when you need it?)
  4. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

Last run thru before comp and pro decides we need another run thru. While I appreciate he changing up his schedule to fit this in, not much of a confidence builder!
  5. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

It just means he had so much fun he wanted to do it again.
    Sania likes this.
  6. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I've actually have not had any Pre-comp disorder until alerted that another winter storm is on it's way tonight and tomorrow, and just got an email that my flight got canceled on Thursday ( I dance Friday morning). Just in case I can't get another flight out....do comps reimburse you if you simply have no way of getting there...or is that $$$ gone?
  7. raindance

raindance Active Member

Check the comp website for the cancellation/refund policy if they list it. Otherwise I would guess your best bet is to have your pro contact the organizer. (But I am guessing.) If it is a comp you are interested in doing next year, they might credit your fees for you to use next year, even if they won't do a full refund.
  8. JANATHOME

Oh hear you Debmc...
    Was planning to drive 6 hours to Canada on Friday and now a major snow storm on its way....
    I am going to wait it out. Is there anyway you can drive, or are you just going too far?
  9. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

That sucks... they should reimburse you if you can't get there due to bad weather
  10. JANATHOME

I am not sure I agree with you on this one...
    Yes it stinks but really do we expect the organizers to control the weather, wherever we are coming from...
    We take this risk when we fly to a comp.
  11. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I talked to pro. He says they will probably credit it towards a future comp. I hope so!
  12. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

Fingers crossed!
  13. Mr 4 styles

ditto that i feel for you east coast peeps right now

<----- rolls over so wife can put more sun tan lotion on my back while in LA

kidding hee hee sorry
  14. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

My flight got rescheduled for later in the evening!
  15. Mr 4 styles

so you will make it?? good!!
    debmc likes this.
  16. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Note to self: reconsider attending any comps during winter months!
  17. Mr 4 styles

note to debmc move to california:p
    debmc and stash like this.
  18. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

I would say "Or Texas"...but I've had more snow days in a year at my job in Dallas than four years at my alma mater in northern Indiana...that said, it is HILARIOUS to watch Texans go nuts about how unsafe driving on an inch of snow is.
    Ailuene and Sania like this.
  19. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

It depends on the Organizer. Contact them directly as soon as you know your transportation mode is not viable e.g., all flights cancelled. Airlines are not going to risk their equipment "stuck" on the ground. They now start cancelling pre-weather related conditions and "park" the equipment until the weather clears.
    Organizers are quite use to things that happen and typically your entries would be held until the next year's comp or another comp that the same organizers may put on.
  20. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

In Austin it's not the snow. They have ICE storms. And really, no one has chains, which wouldn't help anyways. Watching cars and trucks sliding sideways on the I-35, I-45 fwy flyovers is never a good thing. Now the P.D./F.D. close down the fwys. Sidestreets/frontage roads are another issues, there are lots of folks who still believe they can "get up the hill" on the ICE,,,and from my daughters window I see at least 80% of those that attempt THAT, slide backwards to the bottom. GEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz.
    Ailuene and j_alexandra like this.