pre-competition disorder

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Oct 12, 2006.

1. FatBaldGuy60

FatBaldGuy60 New Member

So you stone and get stoned? Naughty fasc, hehe.

FBG

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I would prefer sleepless night obseessing about baricchi:cool:...and doing a feather with him

3. contracheck

contracheck New Member

You have once in your life time chance tonite. Barricci is coming alone for his lecture and he needs a partner for his feather step demonstration. Come and Say Hello to your friends.

4. fascination

sadly, too lengthy a trip and a teenager at home alone

5. star_gazer

star_gazer Active Member

My kids have a comp tomorrow night and do not appear to be the least bit anxious. On the other hand, I can feel my pre-competition anxiety disorder kicking in. Its definitely time to get out the chardonnay and check the gown for missing stones and when that is done I will sort hairpins.

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

mmmmm... on both accounts :cool:

7. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

you are too much Star_Gazer :)

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

what... he is back in nutley??? one of my life regrets was missing that nite w/ GG & luca...

9. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Yes, Luca will be in Nutley tonite 7-8:30 pm. It looks like this trip was unplanned because I had not seen any announcement flyer. If you miss this one, you may have to wait another three yrs. I listened to his seminar 3 yrs ago at another studio in NJ. When I saw him again at a brief visit, I asked him, "Do you remember me?" He said, "Yes, how can I forget you?" I don't know what I did to him, but he evidently has good memory. His lecture is usually very good; you can hear a pin drop.

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

hmmm... i have practice with pro at that time... but the last time luca was supposed to lecture for an hour, i believe the reports were it when nearly into the wee hours, lol.

11. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Well, come with your Pro. Baricci is actually more help to pros than small dancers like me.

12. fascination

I HATE living in the midwest:doh:

13. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

*sigh* I'm not disordered about the comp (though I had a minor "TELL ME WHERE I HAVE TO BE ON TUESDAY" fit tonight, and was reassured I will know where to go) but I am already having panic attacks about the flight. Next year I am driving if it's east of the Mississippi and I don't have time for a train. It's not worth the mental anguish.

14. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

pre-comp disorder...spasms of confidence issues two or three weeks prior, a couple of days (two weeks before the comp) where I couldn't dance to save my life, and then...I'm fine.

go figure....

15. fascination

agree...and you'll get there FASTER;)

16. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I had the same thing - but unfortunately during my first three comp dances. I had a chocolate-dipped brownie and it fixed it!

17. fascination

I'd have to have it dipped in rum

18. fascination

one nice thing about having a bad comp is that it so decimates one's ego that there is no confidence to be lost...just a calm resolve...as a pro once said to me "they've finally reduced you to a fine powder"

19. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I think I've decended to the slurry state.

You are right though - once everything that can go wrong has gone wrong where's to go but up? Of course, its being sure you've actually reached that heralded nadir....

20. fascination

right...I remember at the last comp thinking..."uh oh, there's still a chunk of my ego over there".....