pre-competition disorder

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Oct 12, 2006.

1. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

LOL...I've mooned people in my latin dresses (not skirts). Low backs with long skirts are notorious!

2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Meep...first comp for about 6 months is in 2 days...
    Planned nail decorations go missing...including fancy sticky things for French nails. I improvise and use sticky tape, but it doesn't work so well.
    Hair dramas...
    I keep putting off tanning...

And I'm dancing a teacher/student event with someone I've never danced with before...friend from interstate, who wants to dance, so I'm having a "lesson" with him saturday.
    And comp organisers have NOT been very definite on whether sparklies are allowed for the low level bunch. Usually they're pretty lenient, but all I got was a "best to be plain plain plain to be sure"
    Plain plain plain is booooooring.

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

let the sleep disorder begin

4. AMeader

AMeader New Member

Even when I am not competing, sometimes I can't seem to turn my brain off at night... thinking about dance! Choreography, hip action, visualizing, dresses!

5. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

last minute crunch training...

last minute shopping list:
    -eyelashes
    -fake nails
    -newskin
    -crud, i can't find my earrings!!! must buy new ones when i arrive at comp...

when, oh when, will i have time to pack?!

6. katherinejh

katherinejh Member

I was having serious nightmares pre-dcdi and I expect those to come back next week pre-ohio. We were joking that they were tanner-induced.

7. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I really, really, really need to color my hair this weekend and not wait until two days before again....slick, over-conditioned hair, buns, and Jive do not mix.

8. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

It must be pre-comp time because I have had two nails break in the last five days. So much for my brilliant plan to grow out my own nails so as not to have to get fake ones. It had been working...but the nails must know there is a comp coming.

9. AMeader

AMeader New Member

osb?

10. Lioness

So I tried to compensate for current sunburn when tanning...one of my shoulders is now white...(ish)

And I still don't know how to put on fake eyelashes...

11. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

Here's how I do it: Put a drop of glue (the clear drying kind) on a piece of paper; take an old, clean eyeliner brush, put some glue on it, and use it to draw (carefully) a line of glue just above your eyelashes; put a line of glue on the lashes; wait a few seconds for them both to dry just a tiny bit; apply lashes by placing them in the line of glue on your eyelid. I find toothpicks or bobby pins are helpful for holding the ends down until they stick in the glue. I put on regular eyeliner after the lashes.

It takes practice!

12. latingal

you and me both....normally my comp run ups are pretty smooth, but having a new pro and being off the floor for a long while is combining to make things, um, interesting... *sigh*

13. Lioness

I've pretty much got the thoery behind it, but it's putting them in the right place that's the trouble...

14. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

Yes...although we don't head there until Saturday morning.

15. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Noooo!!!!! I have a sore throat.

I can NOT be getting sick in time for OSB!!!!! :( the lack of sleep and stress from non-dance life must be getting to me.

16. katherinejh

katherinejh Member

Join the club :(. I woke up yesterday with a sore throat.

17. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Don't hate me, but I was quite alright. I had my first competition in October, and did not have any kinds of disorders. :tongue:

18. latingal

no worries dgd, I'll send you some of mine.... *grin*

19. amiko

amiko New Member

bubble bath?

20. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

Isn't that always the way? Get some sleep this week!