pre-competition disorder

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Oct 12, 2006.

1. roxie333

roxie333 New Member

That is a GREAT idea to relax ........ before and after the competition :)
  2. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

That is quite nice of you. :tongue:
  3. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

how important is it really to have your toes painted for a comp anyway??? pssshhh... i don't have time for that!!
  4. katherinejh

katherinejh Member

I painted mine before DCDI and they still look neat enough, so I'm leaving them.
  5. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

I was just sitting here wondering how important it can really be to have long finger nails. Lol.

How much, exactly, do you think we can get away with? ;)
  6. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

I'm feeling a sour throat too, not a good feeling before OSB, guess I'm too tired and really need to catch some sleep before catching my flight. Funny I usually don't lose sleep before comp, I always feel don't get enough sleep;) I'm even able to manage to take a nap on the table with my hair updo. Lol.

New dress came too long, arhhhh !!!! Can't wear for OSB! Guess I'll just wear my pink feather or yellow/white, still can't decide. Guess if my luggage has extra room, I'll take all my dresses and decide very last min
  7. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

LOL...at this point I'll try anything....
  8. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

Well, I just agreed to do Nashville StarZ in a couple weeks. Let the games begin...
  9. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Have fun and best of luck! :cheers:
  10. LenaB

LenaB New Member

"pro getting more anal"

LOL!!!

You said it perfectly.
  11. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

Started tanning for Nashville StarZ last night, and I'm having lunch with the guy today. Ah, the smell of self-tanner in the morning...it's a good thing he's a former bodybuilder and so understands the tanning insanity!
  12. latingal

crossing fingers/toes and feverently hoping improvements show up on the floor this weekend....please, please, pretty please.....
  13. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

They will. Have faith.
  14. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

resurrecting this old post b/c that explains why my lessons on gyro days are so often much better than I expect; I expect to be exhausted and end up being energized -- as long as I have a break and food in between

hmmm. have comp coming up and am starting to wonder if I can import gyro teacher for a tune-up in the early morning, day of
  15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

ditto.

i know they will, LG. wish i were there to see it!
  16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i'm not surprised.

still the best instant de-stresser i know...
  17. latingal

thanks j_alex and sam! At least it's one of those things that you can say, if not now, it's just a matter of time!
  18. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

They will, will, WILL...I tell ya'. My teacher reminds me all the time...
    to "just dance it - don't think - just listen to music - don't think - just move".....:rocker:
  19. latingal

thanks 3wishes! hope that I can do just that - JUST DANCE!!! *grin*
  20. bia

bia Active Member

Competition coming up this weekend, and after lesson and practice last weekend, I was feeling fine. Just wanted to run everything a few times every day this week to keep building the stamina and muscle memory. But no, our perennial struggles to find practice space continue, and my dreams of daily practice were cruelly crushed. Sooo frustrating to want to give our dancing the time it needs and simply not be allowed to. Plus, my knee is feeling weird. AAAAH!