Promenade Lock (turning Left) to Right Lunge

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by DanceMentor, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Why not survey other leads in your studio(s) and ask them to lead you in their version?
    Larinda McRaven and stash like this.
  2. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I'm not having a problem with the step. But sure, I'll ask around as I did here when the opportunity arises.
  3. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

In this vids, change to close position happened during lunge, that's probably most common way to do it, lots competitive couple do it same way. Katusha also teach the guys after lock, put the weight solidly on left foot-shape to left before lunge to right more better balance and shaping.
    DanceMentor likes this.
  4. LT

LT Member

This is closest to what I would do (many options)... but I would change from PP to closed on the 2, like in a progressive chase from PP to closed. It seems a much better entry to the lunge to be closed...
  5. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Good point. The change in shape would likely be easier in a place where good balance is possible (ex. while in the lunge with the foot flat on the floor). Maybe not so easy to switch dance positions as both partners are locking and on the balls of the feet. It is not impossible however, and its good to have variations.