Purchasing the Blackpool LiveStream

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by White Chacha, May 14, 2013.

1. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

Has anyone in the US successfully purchased the Blackpool LiveStream via the DSI website? I've gotten errors on two attempts.

-wc

2. twothreefourone

twothreefourone Active Member

Did you get any emails from them regarding purchase confirmation? I'm in the UK right now, but had a little trouble too.

I tried to buy one day's viewing on a UK card but had some trouble checking out - the basket was broken. Had to clear my google chrome cache, sign in to my account again and then purchase.

(small note for anyone considering a full subscription - it's £20/month for a year with a three month notice period for cancellation)

3. White Chacha

Thanks tt41, that's the problem I had. No confirming email but my cc got charged. I wrote them through their website and they said that it hadn't gone through and they credited the charge back to me, and said I'd need to try again. I'll try clearing cache.

4. White Chacha

I had additional correspondence from DSI this morning. They were apparently having trouble with the web site and they feel this is resolved.

Excited to watch some of the events live!

-wc

twothreefourone likes this.
  5. twothreefourone

Glad to hear it's resolved wc :D I had trouble with the UK Open back in January too, but once it was running... bliss :) will wave at you if the camera points our way :p

[​IMG]

6. Soulmate61

Soulmate61 Active Member

What is the website for accepting subscription please.
    You can pay via credit card (how much?) for a whole day's nonstop telecasting from the Festival?

7. twothreefourone

Hi Soulmate61, look for DSI TV on the DSI-London website. It's £3.50-5.00 per evening's viewing, depending on which day, or £20 for the festival (Make sure you select the weekly pass and not the monthly subscription). The streams are meant to start around 6pm (BST) every evening.

8. Soulmate61

Soulmate61 Active Member

Thanks, I shall be there in person, in the front row until I get turfed out around 7pm.
    If I am to be on camera, just as well that I arrive with a haircut as beautfiful as it was expensive. The things I do for women :rolleyes: .

latingal and twothreefourone like this.
  9. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Hehehehehe...:D

twothreefourone likes this.
  10. Soulmate61

Soulmate61 Active Member

Last year the Festival began with a bang with 78 degrees Fahrenheit, May 26th being Blackpool's hottest day of 2012.

This year the entire 9 days will struggle to get above 60 degrees in the noonday sun, plus there will be a seaside gale off and on up to 25 MPH. If there are to be any bikinis this year it will be inside Empress Ballroom during 16-20 latin heats, yum yum :D . Even in there it will be cold until several thousand human bodies arrive around 7pm bringing their body heat at 98 degrees.

I am taking a sweater plus suit and tie. Wintry clothes among the audience will be visible on DSI-London screens.

Bailamosdance likes this.
  11. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Active Member

Yo, I'm debating buying the week pass to watch blackpool, but for the life of me, I can't figure out if it's only going to be live streaming, or if the videos will be posted as well for later viewing. As it will be during the workday for me, I may not be able to watch the actual live feed. I've been clicking through the whole bloody DSI site, i can't seem to figure out if they can be watched later. It's possible i just need more coffee. Does anyone know if the streams are posted for later viewing?

12. Soulmate61

Soulmate61 Active Member

This is the first time DSI is webcasting Blackpool Festival. I understand they did this successfully for Blackpool Junior Festival last month. Those who subscribed and watched in April may shed some light, but the structures of the two festivals are not the same. Webcasting starts at 6/7(?)pm and goes onto the Final round past 1am, so there is no way they can reprise 7 hours in full. I suspect they will reprise highlights of each day.

The entire DSI crew are in Blackpool now, and the London office is woman'ed by a skeleton crew. Maybe if you email Camilla Dallerup's DSI or personal emailbox and speak woman-to-woman she might give you inside info. Sounds like you are 5 hours behind in USA? Camilla is that goodlooking blonde who used to dance on UK's DWTS, winning it about 5 years ago partnering English actor Tom Chambers.

60 countries compete in Blackpool, with English competitors amounting to about 7% of the total, so DSI ought to give the whole globe in many time zones consideration.

scullystwin42 likes this.
  13. Soulmate61

Soulmate61 Active Member

Has anybody tried DSI-London.tv livecasts? Any good?
    I am there in the front row whenever possible, paying £165 for 7 days tickets, so don't want to pay some more to see same on a laptop monitor.

14. BD4L

BD4L Member

It's been pretty good, sometimes the feed is better than others but for those of us 10,000+ miles away from Blackpool right now, it is a saving grace.

15. aurae

aurae Member

I want to watch Pro Latin. Dancesportinfo says it's 5/28. DSI TV says it's 5/29. I am confused... Which day is it and what Eastern time in U.S. is it? Can anybody kindly help? Thanks!!

16. Becca

Becca Active Member

It's Wednesday 29th May, so tomorrow. First round is at 15:30pm GMT, and third round is at 20:12pm GMT. No idea what that is in your time, but at the moment as I post this, it's 19:23pm GMT, so maybe you can work it out from that?

17. aurae

aurae Member

Thank you Becca! :) I will convert that to US Eastern time...

18. Is this BST or GMT...it seems that this estimate was off by an hour as it should be 19:30 GMT now? current BST is GMT +1 (or am I missing something?)

19. Soulmate61

Soulmate61 Active Member

British Summer Time is one hour ahead of GMT, like EDT is ahead of EST. Blackpool is 5 hours ahead of NYC, 8 hours ahead of LA.
    Amateur latin is tonight, resuming next round in 10 minutes. Pro latin is tomorrow night. Both are fantastic. Amateur is not to be underestimated. It contains persons with fantastic talent and love for dance, who simply do not want to make a living from it.

20. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Active Member

GAH. so i finally gave in and bought viewing for the rest of the festival. But there was an issue submitting, and I got charged double! blargh. And now my credit card thinks it's fraud. le sigh.