Purchasing the Blackpool LiveStream

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by White Chacha, May 14, 2013.

1. Soulmate61

Soulmate61 Active Member

Charge o' doblé,
    not Paso Doblé.
    scullystwin42 likes this.
  2. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Active Member

Ok, I LOL'd. Well done! They did email me back and will just refund every bloody thing. I'll just watch their highlights this year. Try again next year.
  3. Becca

Becca Active Member

Okay, I evidently have no idea what time it is in the country I live in! But even by that estimate, I guess you can easily work out what I'm trying to say.
  4. Soulmate61

Soulmate61 Active Member

Hello Becca ♥ ♫ how are you?
    Best wishes to Patrizia tonight. ♥ ♫

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 Blackpool Festival contestant totals below for
    USA not including Canada, and
    England not including Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland with minimal contestants.

This manual count from the official programme should be 99% accurate. The American contingent perform most meritoriously considering their size. The North American team fielding latin and ballroom world champions beat the all-Europe team on Saturday.

Even coming over from Ireland I cannot keep my week’s spend below US$1000. Those who cross the Atlantic, especially from the west coast will need more. By Festival end they show a warm profit in the heart I hope.

USA Eng LATIN COMP
    16 37 425 Amat Rising Stars Latin
    03 20 105 Over-35 Latin
    08 20 252 16-20 Latin
    19 28 304 Amat Latin
    04 12 249 Pro. Rising Stars Latin
    21 15 306 Pro. Latin
    ------------------------------------------------
    71 132 1641 ALL LATIN COMPS

USA Eng BALLROOM COMP
    10 28 237 Amat Rising Stars Ballroom
    15 19 199 Over-35 Ballroom
    04 15 132 16-20 Ballroom
    04 30 228 Amat Ballroom
    12 07 250 Pro. Rising Stars Ballroom
    15 11 286 Pro. Ballroom
    60 110 1332 ALL BALLROOM COMPS
  5. I am extremely disgusted in this DSI-london TV...I have registered, but it's not letting me purchase the feed for tonight's Pro-Latin, I don't understand why, but it won't process and I've sent 3 e-mails and no response.
    So far this service seems very amateurish and no tech support...?????? I can see why others are having problems and frustrated!!!
    Soulmate61 likes this.
  6. Soulmate61

Soulmate61 Active Member

I have liked this post because unless customers disgust nothing will improve. Obviously this new DSI-London.TV is run by IT persons who cannot walk and chew gums at the same time, who dance slow-slow-quick-quick-slow as slow-slow-slow-slow-slow. They do list a London phone number. Although all movers and shakers are are up in Blackpool, not in London, humans who answer the phone may be able to show you a shortcut. If not, you have 3 names listed by DSI-London. If you email them personally and convey your disgust in no uncertan terms. There is still Ballroom Final to come on Friday. Anyone who wants service should not be hurt by such unforgiveable incompetence.

If you saw nothing, well the result was:
    (1) Michael and Joanna from England
    (2) Riccardo and Yulia from USA
    (3) Sergey and Melia from Russia
    (4) The Canadians
    (5) Melinda Andrej from Slovenia
    (6) Dasha and co from USA

In other words, same cast as usual except for (6).
    Yulia won samba and jive, Joanna won paso and rumba.
    Inexplicably Marcus Hilton failed to read out who won cha cha cha.
    Yulia was marked 3rd in paso, which did her championship chance no good at all.
    The inference has to be: Joanna won cha cha cha.
    Judging by audience reaction, it was not a championship result universally agreed.

Sure it was a magnificently exciting night. The heat was like the Black Hole of Calcutta, and the humidity worse. Attending this Final was more effective than a sauna for losing weight.
  7. twothreefourone

twothreefourone Active Member

Tis part and parcel of the experience and a rite of passage for all of us who make the pilgrimage... the reward for our suffering is the magic out on the floor. Standing for eight hours builds character ;) By the second year, you know to dress in breathable fabrics and wear extra insoles.

BTW... did the haircut meet your lady's approval, Soulmate? :D
  8. Becca

Becca Active Member

Doors opened at 14:30, and I'm sure I couldn't have left the ballroom much before 1:30 - so my stand was 11 hours long! Marcus did read out the results for Cha Cha the same as every other dance as each couple came out to collect their prize money separately for each dance as usual and yes, Michael and Joanna won it.
  9. Soulmate61

Soulmate61 Active Member

Ah yes. When Marcus read out the first result I did not hear "cha cha cha" so assumed it was the overall Championship result. The next result read out was for samba. At the end Marcus read out the overall Championship result and I felt it strange that the same was announced twice.
  10. LT

LT Member

The results (including cha cha cha) came across clearly on DSI Live...
  11. LT

LT Member

I was charged twice also... but after emailing them they emailed back an apology and stated they would refund the extra charge. Obviously some kinks to work out... but I've still been enjoying the live broadcast!
  12. LT

LT Member

:( I'm assuming the feed went off-air for others during the Pro Standard semi? And what's with the commercials coming on during the rounds?
  13. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

Most distrubing. When the feed came back it had ads, some of which completely co-opted the live stream. One of them came up in the middle of the waltz final. I think the English would say, "what a cock-up!".
  14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

If you're paying for a feed should you have ads?
  15. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

I think they had a problem with the feed and had to re-initialize it under pressure of time. When they did that, something was out of sync and the "paid" bit wasn't getting set. There were no ads until the point where the live stream failed during the ultimate event of the festival.

I think I've have been more annoyed if something more interesting had happened with the top placements, and I'd missed it. Business as usual with 1 and 2. I was happy to see the Chinese couple hit the final, if only in quickstep. Can't wait to see more of them in the upcoming year.
  16. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

so sorry to hear some of you encountered so much trouble for viewing live stream. I emailed a friend this DSI-london stream website right before I danced my open pro heat, that friend viewed/recorded without any problem, although I do agree the quality isn't so great! I didn't expect some of you had so much trouble. This is a new thing for them, hopefully they will improve in the future.