Purple Marabo Gown for sale

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Beautiful Purple gown made by marabo for a sponsored couple.. good condition and beautiful stonning. The skirt is covered in little feathers and it has amasing movement on the floor. there are white underskirts and the hem is reinforced to move well with a heavier insert. The white floats have some purple feathers as well to create a very unique effect. Very feminite on the floor and impossible to miss.
    more photos
    http://public.fotki.com/klh/ballroom_dancing/dresses_for_sale/gowns-above-1500-/purple-marabo-gown/
    Price is high as Alex likes this dress and wont let me sell it for less... $1950... will fit someone with my measurements or smaller
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  2. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

hmmmm, if he likes it so much, he should buy it for you :p:p:p:p
    (I agree, it is quite special)
  3. Katarzyna

The day he contributes to a dress will be very special :) He almost never likes them or cares at all so this one is special :)
  4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

it is beautiful on you, as well...
  5. Katarzyna

Thank you, probably wearing it for Embassy :)
  6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

good idea.

do you know why alex likes this particular one -- has he said?
  7. Katarzyna

no idea. he calls some effective costumes and some stunning gowns.. this one is a gown.. others are costumes.. I think it has to do with how elegant, and how decorated it is.. but not sure...
    for example, the blackpool yellow was a costume, but my silky aqua one I wore for philly, mit final and heritage was a gown..
  8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

meh... men. :)
  9. Katarzyna

yeah:) if you figure this out, please share, as I have no clue about the distinction :)
  10. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

This is what I take it to mean: A stunning gown makes you look like an enhanced and stunning version of you. An effective costume makes you stand out on the floor, but doesn't necessarily make you look like you. Does that make sense?
  11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

good definition, caity. by which i'd say this is definitely a gown. :)
  12. Katarzyna

Not sure that's what he means but makes sense :)
  13. Katarzyna

hm,next time I post an ad I will have to distinguish... Beautiful gown for sale or visible costume for sale :)
  14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

better include the definition, then... doubt there are many of us who could figure out the difference very well. aside from your partner, that is. ;)
  15. Katarzyna

the thing is some "costumes" were my favourites (such us blackpool lemon or nationals yellow)...
  16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

what about the count dracula gown... am thinking definitely a gown. definitely. brought out a fabulous quality in you. yowza.
  17. Katarzyna

well he called that a costume.. so maybe its defined by a real value of the gown, as in expensive fabrics, stones.. not sure ?
  18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

interesting... huh. well, anyway, it's a nuance i'm not privy to... you've worn some beautiful dresses, which all seem like gowns to me...
  19. Katarzyna

I call all of them gowns too.. but I guess Alex likes this one so that's all I can understand :)
  20. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I once read of a well dressed woman (I guess/hope (!) the same could apply for a man as well) that you notice her and not the dress, ie, she is wearing the dress, you notice her more than the dress, rather than the dress wearing her, you noticing the dress.

Am guessing that no matter how many stones or so that a dress/gown may have, the observer will still notice the woman, the overall picture. Where it is a "costume", even if it were made out of just lycra and elastic, you would notice the "costume" more than the woman. It may be for the most basic of reasons ie. the colour is not right, the cut of the garment or the material (lycra) may not even be "the one" for the woman.

Either way, costume or gown, some of them are really gorgeous! I often day dream to myself, I will wear something like that when attending the Oscars... ;)