pygmalion's dating advice thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

Lc it was definitely an overshare. Less is more sometimes.
  2. LCbaseball22

LCbaseball22 Member

Yeah well, if you haven't noticed I'm not very good at being concise.
  3. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

That's not what I meant at all. Not how much you share. WHAT you share.
  4. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Thank you, DL. Truly.
  5. TinyDancer109

BTW, regarding date ideas, i am the active/adventurous type.

In fact, i was thinking that for our 4 year anniversary, i would plan a surprise date for my BF and i to go take a trapeze lesson. I thought it would be a fun trust building exercise. :)
  6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

What about those zip line thingies?
  7. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

This. The whole concept isn't novel to anyone but you, apparently, LC. We don't want to hear it.

Regarding zip lines, trapeeze, rock-climbing, etc--make sure your SO isn't afraid of heights!
  8. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Again, I ask you please to challenge yourself to honor the list of requests I made.
  9. LCbaseball22

LCbaseball22 Member

I think they go hand in hand though. I tend to get a lot of tmi responses but it's probably cause I tend to throw out an over-abundance of detail in trying to explain something, thinking that if I leave out this piece of info or that they might miss what I'm trying say. I dunno, does that make sense?
  10. TinyDancer109

then you need to work on articulating yourself with grace. you need to learn how to get a CONCEPT across rather than a concrete example. you can probably take a class on it.
  11. TinyDancer109

yes, def recommend that these ideas NOT be used for first dates! lol
  12. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

I have heard recently that a male female bond is more likely to occur when they go through something scary together....

so scare her and be her hero to cling onto ;)
  13. LCbaseball22

LCbaseball22 Member

But what if the guy is the one afraid of heights? lol. I couldn't do any of those activities and for the record I don't like roller coasters either.
  14. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

well then you cling to her when you're scared

(blokes do get scared too, y'know. I had scared blokes in stereo when i went to see Sixth Sense. both with their GFs too. Jumpy as catfish every time something happened on screen. they were scarier than the movie...)( of course I dont scare easy.)
  15. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

I for one am done with LC. Let's see how much longer DL and ww last...

last word @LC: you're spoiling this for the rest of us. please, zip it. this thread has been a great source of conversation and idea for us for years, and you come along and already we are starting to feel uncomfortable about having or normal conversations - because we are afraid that your interactions are going to make it awkward ro worse. if this isn't the definition of a troll, i dunno what is. your intention may not be malicious, but your actions are close to being that.
  16. pygmalion

This. And there was recently an interaction involving another non-regular participant of this thread that soured the atmosphere, as well. This does not warm my heart. Not one bit.
  17. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

18. freeageless

freeageless Active Member

Chaseball, these are my FINAL words on your situation. I note that you stated in a prior post that you thought you needed to see a therapist. That was my first thought, after I read your first couple of posts. As a matter of fact, I wish I had gone to see one when I was your age-and that was many decades ago. If I had, I may have accomplished a lot more, and been a lot happier. However, as my dear mother used to say, "you can't cry over spilt milk." I hope that you don't make the same mistake(s) that I made, and that you do start seeing a therapist or psychiatrist. Good luck.
  19. LCbaseball22

LCbaseball22 Member

Then we have very different ideas of the definition of "troll" :confused: I'm not just looking for attention or trying to ruin your thread. My intent was to seek advice and I'm sorry if I've been stubborn and monopolized discussion. I truly don't think there's much left to say though for now, just going in circles.
  20. pygmalion

From the Urban Dictionary:

1. troll

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.