pygmalion's dating advice thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

True. :cool: And they (or in this case) he also has no reservations about stating clearly that he thinks taking things slowly is a good idea. (Although, to be difficult, I don't believe that it's chronological, but emotional, age that's at issue, here.)

Doesn't mean I have to agree with or acquiesce to his stance. He let me know straight up where he's coming from. There's nothing unclear about, "I'm interested, but I think we should take things slowly." At least I have no problem interpreting that exactly as stated. I'm so over reading into what guys say. What they say is, is. I can't read anybody's mind, nor would I attempt to.

It's up to me to decide how to process his statement and actions and how/whether to react to them. I also get to decide what to do if things don't come along in a way that's comfortable for me.

If there's one good thing about being older, it's that you know that, pretty much no matter what happens emotionally, it won't kill you. :)

2. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

ooooooooooh I get it I get it! :)

I may start my own thread, I have a new facebook friend that my mom apparently is encouraging to meet me. youngun but cute.

3. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

I'm pining for you and this lucky chap to get together properly now! :lol: It's like watching a movie and wanting happiness to be the end result :D

:cool:

4. pygmalion

There used to be a match-ups, fix-ups and blind date thread. Will go look for it and see if there's anything useful there. :car:

5. pygmalion

Que sera sera.

But I can tell you that everybody I've asked about him (and we're talking waaaay up in the double digits, here) thinks he's just as a good a person as I do. So we shall see. :)

6. wonderwoman

His most recent status said he wishes all he ever had to do is fish, hunt, sleep and occasionally have a beer. I like that. heh

7. pygmalion

Whatever floats your boat, sister. :friend:

8. pygmalion

Okay. Too lazy to search after two failed attempts.

What I will say is that T, the guy my Mom wanted me to marry, is both the nicest and most boring guy I ever dated. My Mom picked someone she thought would take care of me and keep me safe. Blech! I'm not sure Moms can see straight.

9. wonderwoman

Well if I were to get married I would go for boring and safe.

10. pygmalion

Why? If you start out bored, it can only go downhill from there. Not saying you should marry a "bad boy," but still. The two best husbands I know (of) are both reformed bad boys. Who knows?

11. wonderwoman

Well to me boring = no danger. Excitement = fear of losing. If you fear it there's a reason. If you are comfortable that's good :)

12. pygmalion

I hear ya.

To me comfortable can = complacent. Excitement can = no one can come between us, even after all these years.

Haven't experienced it, but I have seen it, in my parents who've been married 61 years. 61. A long time. Nothing boring about either of them, especially back in the day.

ETA: disclaimers.

13. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Is it legal to send valentine cards out in June? :)

14. wonderwoman

lol no why

15. pygmalion

Go for it. :) You'll catch her off guard and get a lot more brownie points than if you wait until Feb.

16. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

WW - lol fancy sending one to a girl I like :D

pyg - out of the ordinary stuff is different and girls like that (i think!/hope!)

17. wonderwoman

it would be kinda cute

18. pygmalion

That's the whole idea. :cool: Good luck! :friend:

19. wonderwoman

he emailed me but im going to respond on sunday night lol

20. pygmalion

Why Sunday?