pygmalion's dating advice thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yes and yes. And ... maybe?

The chemistry I'm alluding to here isn't sizzling. It's warm, but not sizzling. It's more like an awareness of the other person's physical presence. I'm struggling for words, here. It's as if the person for whom I feel ... that thing ... is in sharp black and white contrast, in a room full of people in sepia tone. And it's not sexual, yet. I don't know what it is.

It's hard to describe, and I feel it instantly. And, btw, I don't trust the sizzling stuff either. Do rather enjoy it, though, IIRC. :wink:

For me, the chemistry that comes with deep and lasting friendships can take a long time -- years even -- to evolve.
  2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

ah, well i will say there is one kind of chemistry that you *can* tell immediately... kissing chemistry. and it says a helluva lot.

if it's off, just run for the hills and don't look back, lolz.
  3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

nice, sounds emotional & receptive. safe... a good feeling, for sure.
  4. pygmalion

Amen and hallelujah! (Struggling to keep it PG-13 here. *grin* ) One can tell a lot about a man by the very first kiss ... or maybe the second, once that first kiss nervousness is out of the way.
  5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

true. and have kissed enough incompatible frogs to know it, lolz.

thank goodness that is no longer necessary, as my Compatibility Radar is quite sharp now because of all that... froggery. ;)
  6. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

I miss kissing! lol
  7. pygmalion

Oh yeah and... there's always the complication of the fact that I have a 13-year-old who is and will remain out of the loop, for the time being. Hate it when divorced parents jerk their kids around for the sake of their libidos. Not fair. The kids have already been through enough, IMO.

So just a casual, "Let's have dinner Saturday night," can become quite a production, at least on my end. Fortunately, The Guy is well aware and understanding of this because of his own kids' experiences. :cool:

btw, I do have a plan of how to intro The Boy and The Guy, should it get to that point. Gradually, of course. Thank goodness The Guy is huge on community service and The Boy needs community service hours for school. *grin* :rolleyes:

ETA: The Boy and I have discussed the reality of the fact that I will date soon, in the abstract. I just don't think The Boy is ready for a concrete, six-footer in his life just yet. :lol:
  8. wonderwoman

my two cents, it was extremely awkward (I need a new word for awkward) for mom's boyfriends to be over. A daytime cookout was one thing, sleepovers another thing completely. and that's whether i was 10 or 17.
  9. pygmalion

Exactly. There will be none of that, unless The Guy and I get to stage 4 or 5 of max's courtship continuum, above. Not fair to The Boy, IMO.

Which is not to say there won't be sleepovers. The Boy has sleepovers at his friends' houses all the time. :raisebro: *grin*

Subterfuge: A single parent's friend.
  10. wonderwoman

Oh yeah. Well I didn't have friends, I never left the house! lol
  11. pygmalion

Gotcha. Babysitters work too. :)
  12. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Is it me or when you kiss a girl for the first time (not the first ever ever kiss :D) everything around you slows down and goes silent?

I think my brain is a marshmallow.... now then, that valentines card.
  13. wonderwoman

I wouldn't know ;)
  14. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

You're not allowed to read that! Male only thought :tongue:
  15. wonderwoman

lol you read a lot of female only thoughts round here tho
  16. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

lol, ok, ok I guess we're even. :D

Anyone else think having your eyes open when you kiss someone makes you go dizzy or laugh out? :confused:
  17. wonderwoman

18. pygmalion

[stern voice] Yes. Back to the business at hand [/end SV]
  19. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Women. Please understand. You will NEVER understand the relationship based on fear, respect, etc, between your man and your father. You will always be your father's little girl, and no matter how much he may like your guy, he's still the guy trying to take away daddy's little girl. Don't expect to understand it, just accept it
  20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

actually, IMO...this is handled far better by men and future sons-in law, then it is by women and future daughter's in law....an I also don't find it to be universal in either variation
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.