QNS? Why there're people who are daning are STIFF ???

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Timmy84, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Timmy84

Timmy84 New Member

hey hey All dancer , May i know why there are some people while dancing they're kinda stiff ? Isit they're too tense to dance or worried while dancing? I have seen my friends dance very stiff isit due too tense,not relaxed enough while dancing >?
  2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Maybe that's what they think dancing is... Or, perhaps they are tense.
  3. Sabor

Sabor New Member

maybe they didn't drink enough water/fluids..?
  4. tj

tj New Member

I think they're so concentrated on doing their steps on time, that they aren't paying attention to how stiff they are... as they get more comfortable, this too will pass.
  5. ratherbdancing

ratherbdancing New Member

It could also be that they were told that they are too loose to the point that they arent leadable, or if they are a guy, they cant give strong enough leads. So they over-do it and make themselves too stiff.
  6. heartgrl2k

heartgrl2k New Member

In some dances, I suppose this is part of the 'style' of the dance, but generally I would say if someone looks stiff and rigid it's because they are uncomfortable - perhaps not with the steps themselves, but with themselves doing the steps (if that makes sense)

I guess I think they're taking the dance/themselves too seriously. I think the best dancers make their performances look natural, graceful, elegant, and smooth without looking like robots at the same time.
  7. Milloeh

Milloeh New Member

I reckon stiff people havenot practised enough, in my opinion your body should have had a warming up before you can really dance smootly
    (and I just love the point where your body says "com'on baby show me hell!") :D
  8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Some guys just can't help being...stiff...when they're dancing with a beautiful woman. :D
  9. Sabor

Sabor New Member

if u stiff dance.. there's only one solution for u..

[​IMG]

:mrgreen:
  10. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

From what I have seen, seeming "stiff" while dancing is a sign of lack of co-ordination. They are trying to control their body the wrong way through tightening of the muscles rather than simply contracting and releasing.