Ray Rose Shoe Question

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Beccajelly, Sep 27, 2007.

1. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

I wear their regular slim heels (not the metallic). I like how they look on my foot, given that I wear 2.5" heels I can use all the help I can get to get a good line of foot and leg.

Yes, the balance can be a bit more challenging, but it's worth it in what I gain in body/hip action by going down a half inch.
  2. Daniewanie333

Daniewanie333 New Member

Janana-

Did you ever end up ordering the Drizzle slim heels? If so, did you like them?
  3. On the RR website, for their latin shoes it seems the only slim heels available are the metallic ones? The rest are all flare heels that I can see...
  4. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

You can special order the slim heels for any style. This is what I did when I did standard...
  5. Ahh - that'll cost even more then! Never mind!
  6. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I know this is more of a latin shoe thread, but do the Standard Ray Rose shoes look as chucky/bulky in person as they do on the website?
  7. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I don't remember it costing any more... you just cannot return them if they don't fit...
  8. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I wear them and I don't think so...

Here is a pic of me wearing them. I wore pointed toe with slim heel. Now for smooth I wear a flared heel with a round toe and I think those look fine too.

[​IMG]
  9. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

lovely, NonieS! :)
  10. latingal

Custom orders at RR do not cost extra, however you do have to order three pairs at one time and they take payment at order (rather than at shipment). I have found they are very good about custom orders, they have done slim heels and M+ widths for me on their shoe models that are not listed as having such on their website.
  11. Daniewanie333

Daniewanie333 New Member

They have the Drizzle with the slim metallic heel...Could be very cool. Has anyone ever seen them in person?
  12. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

So, I wound up finding the Kalahari with a slim heel for just $120 (and that's AFTER foreign transaction fees AND shipping from England!)

I ordered them on Thursday night last week. They arrived on Wednesday this week.

I tried them during practice last night and my mind is blown. I think I love them more than yogurt.

No, who am I kidding yogurt is amazing!
  13. latingal

Great Jana! I have found that they work really well for me too, best of luck to you with them!
  14. Daniewanie333

Daniewanie333 New Member

Do you guys have a hard time balancing on them? Also, does it really elongate your leg line?
  15. latingal

Hi Daniewanie333!

The slim heel is a tad bit more challenging than flared heels, but I did not find the transition difficult. The pro to that con is, I did like the fact that I did not catch edges of the slim heel when bringing the heel down from a turn like I did at times with the flared (since they had more edge and area).

When I put on a flared heel once in awhile, I can tell you it does feel like a lot more real estate to balance on though! *grin*

As for elongating the leg line, I didn't switch for that reason. Since RR heels tend to look a bit shorter than other brands because of the centering, I went to the slim heel to improve the look of the foot (I usually do not have issues with leg lines so I can't really give an opinion there). I switched because I think it makes the foot look more elegant and less "stumpy".
  16. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

Thanks! Competing in them in about a week.

The balance is the same, for me, as with a flare heel. In regards to leg lines, I like them because they're shiny and new and most importantly I think it creates a better leg line.

Some dancers prefer one, others prefer another. Right now, I'm sold on the slim heel.
  17. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Where did you find these shoes at such a great price!!! Insane!
  18. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

This thread has been most useful! Last night my dog ate my dance shoe and well, now's a good excuse to try one RR's (ordered Carmen 3). I have wider feet, and i like feeling good stability in the heel. My other pair (dance naturals) i really like, but i struggle with good foot articulation because the shoe feels a bit stiff (well, it's partly my technique too *w*).
  19. harp34552

harp34552 Member

Y'all inspired me - I was just going to re-order my standard Blizzards in the 3" flare but I decided to live on the edge and add in the metallic slim heel Drizzle too. I'm SO excited about it - I can't wait for it to show up! Plus my Latin dress has a lot of gold, red, and orange going on, so it will be an awesome match.
  20. gracie

gracie Active Member

I love Ray Rose. Have tried other competitive dancesport brands. Have worn the Blizzard and currently Carmen with the T-strap. Never thought I would like them but got a used pair cheap and now they're my favorite. Don't have to have all my toes on the floor as in the earlier days. Haven't seen this new heel-got to check that out.