Ray Rose Shoe Question

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Beccajelly, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

I've had a pair of RR Meteors that did NOT stretch out at all and I had to give them away because they were so painful. My footsies are not WIDE, but they are wider than normal and these guys were so thin I was about to start calling them Calista Flockharts.

NonieS and twothreefourone like this.
  2. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

That's weird. I wonder if it's model-specific.

I should have mentioned that i still buy the monsoon in the 6.5 and they're just fine as is, so i do NOT size down in those.

I'm not sure which is worse.... the callusy toes from latin sandals or that feeling like i have ingrown toenails from a closed-toe shoe for standard. I can't imagine what ballet people deal with LOL.

3. So you went down an entire size - after starting out 2 sizes smaller than street size anyway? I can't imagine even being able to get in a shoe 3 sizes smaller than my street size:eek:

Thanks for all the responses so far. Pics would be much appreciated! And I would never judge another dancer on her toenails:)

Miss Silly likes this.
  4. bia

bia Well-Known Member

I believe the first two sizes "down" were just conversion from US size to UK size.

5. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

I wear a size 7 in US. I always wear a 4 in UK sizes in RR Latin shoes.

6. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

Yes exactly.... like the 6.5 RR fit exactly as a 'regular' street-shoe would fit me (which is usually a US 8.5).

I'll take some pics later tonight ;-P

7. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

hmmm i pictured your feet as smaller than that LOL Too much dancing LOLmine have gained a size since dancing

8. Thank goodness for that!

I just had a helpful e-mail from RR, saying they typically recommend to buy half a size smaller than street size, and they also sell slim converters which might help me with the wider styles? Anyone had any experience of these?

Also an interesting nugget of information - the heel cups are the same size for sizes UK 6.5 - 8, even though the shoe length gets shorter.

So if I went down to 6 the heel cup would be smaller.

9. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

You mean mine will eventually get bigger? :eek:

10. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

Ahhh that is very interesting!

11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

no probably not !! i had real high arches not so much now oh and im a guy soo who knows ?

12. mj

mj New Member

anyone tried the sport range and is there any difference from the usual range?

13. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

I would like to hear feedback on the pro sport range too!

14. mj

mj New Member

just ordered a pair.. will review once I get to dance in it!

latingal and Miss Silly like this.
  15. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

Give us a full review once you get going in them! I think we are all curious! :)

16. 5678dance

5678dance Active Member

Have you gotten them yet?? I'm curious too!! :)

stash likes this.
  17. evar

evar New Member

Has anyone gotten a pair of Amazon before? How do the shoes fit?
    I have a pair of Earthquake that seriously strangles my feet. If I'm not remembering wrong, they are UK size 3.5 while my US size is 7. Back when I bought them the instructor said that's the size I should wear and it obviously was wrong cause I can't remember ever not being in pain after taking those shoes off. After wearing them for over 2 years now I finally am going to buy another pair and really want this pair to not just look nice but also fit right!

18. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to DF evar!

If it helps any, I wear Ray Rose size 3.5 UK and wear a 6.5 US size. I also wear the M+ size (more room in the forefoot, accomplished with longer lengths of strapping). So you may have been at least half to a full size too small depending on your foot?

Anyway, are you still thinking of going with a RR shoe? If you can, I recommend going to a store that stocks the shoe and trying them on for size.

19. evar

evar New Member

Thank you latingal!
    Thanks for your information, I went to a store today but they don't carry Ray Rose shoes.:( The one that I have right now was ordered from UK and I think the local stores here only help order them but don't carry them in store.
    I think I'll just order it and hope it fits right.

20. Riva

Riva New Member

I tried on someone's ray rose shoes and they fit, but they accidentally told me the wrong size. (Unfortunately I ordered them in the wrong size too :( ) Anyways, she now told me that both standard and latin is size 3, but according to the ray rose size chart, that seems too small. I also for some reason I vaguely remember 3.5 when trying on her shoes. It's just I am very scared of her accidentally giving me the wrong shoe size again. My street shoe size 6.5-7, sometimes size 6, and my right foot is half a size bigger than the left. I also have really narrow feet. What do you guys think? Does 3 sound about right?