Ray Rose Shoe Question

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Beccajelly, Sep 27, 2007.

1. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Hiya ccccat!! I'm wearing International these days. I've tried Dance Naturals, Supadance and Internationals and currently have found a shoe style that accomodates my fat forefoot and fairly flat feet (not to mention some extra room for a bunion too!).

2. dancerman

dancerman Active Member

What style of International do you wear in a sandal? Many women seem to complain about the vamp of many shoes as being too narrow for their "fat forefoot" as well. I like to be able to answer peoples questions. when they come up.
    Thnx

3. Beccajelly

Beccajelly New Member

Alright people, me and my 3.75" wide feet are the newest owners of a UK 4, 3" Carmen Ray Rose shoes. I can get my foot in them fine...I won't lie, they need stretching out, but they feel extremely stable to walk in (and I've only ever woren 2.5" heels before). My toes come right up to the end of the shoe, so I am very happy :) It's going to be wandering around the house in tennis socks AND my shoes :). Thanks for all your help guys. Once stretched out I'll let you know how they feel to dance in :).

4. biggestbox

biggestbox Member

very nice

I used freed (latin, mens) for a while, but recently got a pair of the new ray rose shoes (Bryan Watson line) I usually hate buying endorsed shoes since I think that is tacky, but the shoes are very very nice. I need a little more support in the heal and metatarsal, also the sole is a little too tacky (yes I am a latin dancer), but I suspect that is because the shoes are new. Being a classical dancer as well, I like my shoes very very soft, and these are a lot softer than others, although I would like them even softer. I also like the more squared off front.

5. This is after the fact for Beccajelly, but several of our collegiate team including myself, wear Ray Rose latin shoes. I have high arches and medium width feet although I have a bunion on my left foot, and wear the cyclones- I've also found that the Earthquakes are pretty comfortable. I also thought that the Blizzard style was very comfortable to try on, but didn't buy them since a friend wore through the satin straps very quickly (for some reason for this one particular style, they don't reinforce the back of the satin). I'm actually wearing through the reinforcing lining on the straps that I wrap under the arch, but I've been wearing them for quite a few hours.

6. Natalka

Natalka Member

Hi Everyone!
    Question...Regarding Ray Rose Shoes...

I have seen the Ray Rose Cyclone Shoe worn by a Pro Competitior with a SLIM heel, NOT Flared Heel and in the Cocoa color (not the overyl orange bronze color they normally are).
    I was told they are being tested for sale on the market but I am not sure if they have been released anywhere that I can get a hold of them.
    Does anyone know of any special places that I could get them?

7. Mawmaw

Mawmaw New Member

We are a dealer for Ray Rose shoes. I will contact the company for you and see.
    Mawmaw

8. Natalka

Natalka Member

Yes, let me know!!!

9. latingal

By the way Mawmaw, it's good to see you back active on the boards!

I also have a question, can you get Ray Rose shoes in wide? They normally run fairly regular yes?

10. Mawmaw

Mawmaw New Member

Thanks latingal! Like us all, I've been very busy, and had a health scare. I actually suffered a TIA (mild stroke-no damage), went through extensive testing-which lead to nothing - but back in the saddle now!

A few of Ray Rose shoes come in wide: 812 Snowflake, 820 Blizzard and 835 Monsoon. Ray Rose has just introduced several new styles, but I will have to check to see which of these come in wide, if any.

Like other brands, some are more narrow than others, but by in large they are fairly regular in width.

11. latingal

Thank you for the info on the widths on the shoes.

But ow on the health scare. I am very glad that you are back to health and normal activities...do take care!

12. Mawmaw

Mawmaw New Member

Natalka,
    Ray Rose is producing the Cyclone as well as other styles in the slim heel. It is only available in Black and Dark Tan Satin. I asked if they would special order the Mocha Satin or Flesh Satin. I am sorry to say that they will not do any other color at this time.

13. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Latingal, I have a wide foot and wear Ray Rose. After trying on their various styles, Carmen works well, as does Cyclone in my experience.

14. latingal

Thank you njdancegirl! I had always heard good things about Ray Rose, but was worried that my foot was just too wide with not enough arch, and about the availability (I go through one pair every two months and need to have a dependable source). All this discussion makes me want to try a pair. I like the fact that the Carmen's are advertised with what sounds like a wide toe area, I'd like to keep the damage to my feet to a minimum.

15. Natalka

Natalka Member

Thanks so much!
    Actually, they e-mailed me back right away from Ray Rose and told me that as well...so, I ordered some for when they are released.
    To all those asking about it, I have a wide foot in front but a narrow heel, and these shoes have worked out the best for me over all other styles I have tried or worn in the last 8 years. They are definitely the most stable.

The only thing I don't like about them is the ultra-orangey color. Even with gobs of tanner it's hard to get to be that color!!! ha ha;) If I was someone who didn't want to pile on tons of tanner, I would probably not be wearing them for that reason...

16. ACtenDance

ACtenDance Active Member

Is there a description floating around anywhere of the the foot-types that each Ray Rose shoe style is more suited to? My partner has a slim foot that tends to slip into the shoe (toes going too far into the shoe, heel falling away from heel cup). Have tried all sorts of brands, styles, widths and sizes and hoping Ray Rose will prove more fruitful than the other brands. I'm also inquiring for a set of ladies with a variety of foot-types.

17. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

I'd like to hear what someone has to say about that. I own a pair of Ray Rose right now, the Cyclone model. I have a narrow foot, high arch, and narrow heel. The toe area has become way too stretched for me and I've only been wearing them for a few months now and dance maybe 2-3 hours about 3-5 times a week.

I also got 3" heels for the first time and noticed my feet are starting to cramp up when I try to point. Anyone else have this problem?

18. latingal

Hi lcdancesport, the Cyclone model is billed as a model that is built with criss-crossing straps to give more room through the forefoot. I like the Cyclone because I have a regular sized heel, but a wider forefoot. If you have a narrow foot all the way through, this model is probably not for you. I would also suggest that the Carmen's might not be ideal for a narrow foot. Try some of the other models of Ray Rose.

Also, I have found that Ray Rose shoes have a good amount of flexibility in the toe area to allow you to point your foot (I love that!). If your feet are starting to cramp up perhaps you should check to make sure that you are using your ankles to do the majority of the work to point your feet, and then extending the energy out through your toes. I find some people who get cramps sometimes are trying to use their arches and toes to point (and sometimes curl - a no-no) excessively.

19. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Thanks Latingal, that's some good advice. :)

20. latingal

Hey lcdancesport, I forgot to mention that one way you may be able to "salvage" the use of these shoes is to put a metatarsal pad in each shoe. For me that not only takes up some room, but provides some support to the ball of foot also.