Ray Rose Shoe Question

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Beccajelly, Sep 27, 2007.

1. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Good idea, I was thinking of trying that. Right now I'm using Dr. Scholl's gel heel liners because the heel cup stretches pretty fast for me.

Also, I'm wondering about arch support, I think I tend to curl my toes in to point b/c I have too much room in my arch still. :(

Oh how I wish my feet weren't so odd!

Oh and I'm most likely going to buy another pair of RR shoes this week, once I decide if I should go down half a size or not, if that would help them fit a little bit better. Right now my toes are at the edge of the shoe, but when I try to drag them, there's way too much of the sole dragging off the end of the shoe too.
  2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Actually try the metatarsal pads first, I find they get rid of some of the space under the arch while giving support. FYI, these are the ones I use:
    http: //www.hapad.com/hapadonline/home.php?cat=294

I have similar feelings about my feet too!

I'm trying to decide the same on at least one of the models, the shoes fit well, but the material dragging when pointing drives me a bit nutty. In other shoe threads some have actually taken shoes to a shoe shop and have cut a bit of off the front, but I've never actually tried it.

Good luck!
  3. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

I like to make my own pads for the front of my shoes. I use molefoam, make a pattern by stepping on a paper bag with wet feet, and cut them so they fit the front of my foot perfectly. The mole foam is sticky and will stay in place on the shoe.
  4. lcdancesport

Those look nice, I think I may try them out to salvage my feet before I ruin them! Thanks so much :)
  5. lcdancesport

That's a good idea too, I might have to try that for my heels b/c the gel inserts I use now are great, until the stickiness of it wears off.
  6. latingal

For me, I find them to be the best pads on the market (they stay in good shape for a long time). Just a word of warning though, the adhesive they use on the back side of the pad is very strong, so place them carefully. Once they're in, they're pretty much staying there.
  7. lcdancesport

From the picture, it looks like it would extend just past the ball of the foot, so the padding, from what you told me, also fills in a higher arch a little bit too?

Would the placement be right where the ball of the foot would go then, not any higher?
  8. latingal

The top of the pad starts right after the metatarsals end. So if you go to the middle of the bottom of your foot, the correct placement is the large part hits under the second metatarsal (under meaning toward the middle of the foot not actually on the metatarsal). Therefore the lower half of the pad takes up room near the arch. Here is a picture of where the pad should rest:
    http: //www.northcoastfootcare.com/store/hapad-metatarsal-pads-pair-p-101.html

The pads really work for me. They are supposed to re-distribute some of the pressure off the metatarsals.
  9. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

The Dr. Scholl's heel grips that are grey (not gel) stick forever. I tend not to like gel inserts of any kind for dance shoes because they are too squishy, which means my foot keeps moving a bit within the shoe after I step.
  10. lcdancesport

This definitely sounds like something I can use. :D
  11. lcdancesport

Hmm I didn't see those at the store when I picked up my last pair, I think I'll have to look around. I definitely don't want my feet moving, the gel worked fine up until the insert decided to slide around, which of course probably was because it was sticking too much to the back of my heel.

Thanks for all of the advice. :)
  12. latingal

Good luck! They do sell heel pads too, but I've never used them (no problem there so far, knock on wood!)...
  13. liz

liz New Member

I think I need some of these pads for my shoes!!! question what size shoe do you wear and what size pad do you buy? Just to have an idea....
  14. latingal

Hi liz, what size pad depends on your feet rather than the shoe size (whether your feet are flat, high arched, etc). Use this link to see the sizing.

http: //www.northcoastfootcare.com/store/hapad-metatarsal-pads-pair-p-101.html

(same one from how to position the pad - though I buy it from the hapad site directly, they're prompt!).

Even though I have flat feet/arches, I use the medium size, it takes up the room better in the model of dance heels I've been wearing. I did a small order to begin with in both sizes to trial them. The ones I didn't end up using in my dance shoes, I used in my street shoe heels.
  15. lcdancesport

I just ordered a pair this afternoon, went ahead and got the large, I figure more support the better. I look forward to trying them out once I get my new shoes in a couple of weeks. :)
  16. latingal

Do you have a high arch? If you go too large in size, the pads may be uncomfortable/lose their effectiveness because they are too thick and distort the foot.

After recieving the pads you may want to cut away the excess paper from around the pad (leaving a little bit so you can still peel and use the adhesive later) and place them in the correct place between your foot and the shoe and see if they're going to work.
  17. lcdancesport

I think I have a high arch, I always have a gap between my arch and the shoe, with pretty much any shoe that I wear besides sneakers with the reinforced padding on the sole. If these don't work, I'll just order a smaller pair b/c they're relatively inexpensive.

Good idea about trimming them before taking the adhesive, otherwise that would look quite goofy hanging off the shoe.
  18. liz

liz New Member

I am flat footed,too.
  19. latingal

Hi liz, I'd recommend the small or medium pads then. It somewhat depends on the build of the shoe you're wearing.

p.s. I keep both small and medium sizes available at home.
  20. blaze

blaze New Member

Does anyone have experinece with Landslide model??