Ray Rose Shoe Question

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Beccajelly, Sep 27, 2007.

1. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

LG I got the shoe inserts and they messed up my order! I got TWO pairs of the medium size, even though my invoice says 1 pair of the large. Hmm could be a happy mistake, guess we'll see once I get my shoes.

2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

lc...let me know how it works out! Are you going to try them in the "stretched out" pair of Cyclone's?

3. lcdancesport

Nah, the toe area is so large now I don't think it will help, especially since the sides are the worst part. I should be getting my shoes next week though, the site I order them off of have fast delivery. I did try standing on them without shoes on and the support felt great.

Now I just need to find heel inserts, not the gel kind!

4. K_8ie

K_8ie New Member

I have a question...Do the Ray Rose shoes come in Silver?

5. latingal

you can check out there webstie at www. rayrose.com

6. latingal

Actually you may just want to try it, without the adhesive, on the old shoes, they do take up a lot of room so you may be able to use them as back up or social shoes.

As for your new shoes, what model did you get?

7. lcdancesport

They have arrived! I bought the Earthquake model and went down half a size. They fit much better than the 5's I had before, but I have a feeling they may be too wide too soon. They fit fine right now when standing up (haven't danced in them yet), but they'll eventually stretch. I'm going to put the inserts in and hope that'll keep them nice and snug. Either that or try that moleskin stuff.

8. lcdancesport

Oh yeah, for the Ray Rose users out there, do you know if they make anything in a narrow size?

9. PoetryofMovement32

PoetryofMovement32 New Member

I'm curious about these shoes...I'm interested in buying some because I've heard good things, i use supadance 1066 now. Are these shoes similar in fit to supadance? Anyone have any opinions about which of the two brands they prefer or what they like about Ray Rose? Thanks!

10. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Just an update on Ray Rose shoes. The past 3-4 pairs I have purchased have all had defective buckles (the little pin breaks and falls inside the folded part of the strap. I have had to bring them back and have new buckles put on. Kind of a PITA. I spoke to a girl who said hers broke while she was dancing with them and she messed up her ankle a bit. I'm not sure if there's just a bad batch or what...

11. Yanou

Yanou Member

I bought 2 pairs a few months ago and both of them are fine. If there may be a problem with the buckles, I will need to bring at least 2 pairs for a comp.

12. mamboqueen

If they are both fine after 2 months, you are probably okay. My problems with the buckles were noticeable within one week. The salesperson indicated that she called the mfr and told them of the problem. Now when I buy a pair, I just have them change the buckle right away. It could be a bad batch...it could also be one particular style. I buy the 888 (Queen B) and it has a rhinetone buckle.

13. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

MQ, how is the fit on the Queen B? I think you mentioned having narrow feet...if that is the case, probably won't work for me...

14. mamboqueen

The fit for me (and yes, I have narrow feet) is the best I've come across thus far. My feet are substantially uglier from these shoes, but they have definitely the snuggest and most balanced fitting shoe I've come across. You should try some of the other models and and see what you think. You have a store near you that sells them?

15. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

I typically wear Cyclone or Carmen and they generally work for my wide foot (in the front anyway). But last pair of Carmens I bought were cut narrower as were the Cyclones I tried on (in same size I always wear)...have been using a shoe stretcher for days now trying to get them to loosen up a bit. Maybe its me, though summer swollen feet should be a thing of the past in these cool temps...

Worldtone is local to me though sizes are sometimes limited. Pattersons is a click away...

16. Yanou

Yanou Member

Thanks. Mine are Carmen and Monsoon. I am quite satisfied with both because of the stability they give me.

17. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

i have drizzle with 3,5" heel. very stable but also i need to stretch them.

what i like is that they are very soft so i can point my feet very nice.

18. mamboqueen

I get a little discount @ Patterson (heh...I'm keeping people gainfully employed there). You will get 10% off if you give a studio name.

As for stretching; someone recommended to me to wet the straps that are tight and wear them. It worked ... but mine didn't need much stretching.

19. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

I know that for stretching the leather the best combination is to mix alcohol and water and spray on the shoes.

Alcohol will keep leather soft.

20. mamboqueen

I have to waste perfectly good vodka on my shoes??? Ehh...a swig for me, one for the shoes....