Ray Rose Shoe Question

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Beccajelly, Sep 27, 2007.

1. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

Come here I have two bottles in the studio. Real russian vodka. :cool:
  2. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Will try dampening the straps while the shoe is in the stretcher...thanks, ladies!
  3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

oh...I am going to get in trouble with you on many fronts! :)
  4. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

This happened to a girl at our studio with a pair of Ray Rose...same thing with the buckle. I'm not sure how old her pair was, though.
  5. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

with me. never. :raisebro: :p
  6. black_light

black_light New Member

Ray Rose have two designs of the back of the shoe (the part that grips your hill).
    One is like in Blizzard, and the other is round like in Earthquake.
    what are your experiences with them? which is more comfortable? stretches less? has a better grip?

thanx. :)
  7. tardyhoofer

tardyhoofer New Member

My partner has two pairs of Ray Rose and always liked them... that is of course until she bought a new pair from Italy (Paola I believe). I doubt she'll ever go back to Ray Rose now as the new ones offer way more support and seem to be better made.
  8. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

Probably Paoul... a really nicely made, comfortable shoe. Not easy to get in the US.
  9. Bella

Bella New Member

I hear the heels on ray rose shoes are slightly more forward than the other brands out there. I did a little test, I walked around in my stilettos last night wondering why I have better balance with those than my dance shoes. I discovered that the heel is placed more forward, hence, better balance. Is this true about ray rose shoes for those of you who have them? If so, I'm buying them... immediately.
  10. Ravenmoon

Ravenmoon New Member

I do believe the heels are more forward. I've danced in Very Fines and Freed and my new Ray Rose heels are angled more forward than those two. I can't say about other brands. Maybe someone will come along with more knowledge.
  11. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Yes! As soon as I danced in my Ray Rose shoes the first time, I noticed I was feeling way more balanced that in my previous latin shoes. And the Ray Rose shoes have been much more durable for me than the previous brand I used, more than making up for the higher price for the Ray Rose ones. I'm very happy with them.
  12. Bella

Bella New Member

And where can I buy these fabulous shoes?
  13. dansa

dansa New Member

you can buy rayrose online on their site, if that was your question?
    ยจ
    however me i tried around several shoes, and as soon as i put my rayrose carmen on i really felt what BIG difference there is.. the shoes are slightly forward like everyone says, the balance and floor "grip" feels amazing. i feel very stable...
    im so pleased with this dancingshoe... as soon as i put them on i felt how mutch easier it was dancing or doing certain moves compared to other brands ive tried...
  14. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

I ordered directly from the Ray Rose company...no store in town carries this brand. I ordered two different sizes in two different styles (four pair in all) and returned the three pair I didn't want - no problems with doing this, although a pretty big outlay of money initially and I had to pay shipping for the return. Still, worth the trouble to me.
  15. Bella

Bella New Member

Officially on my christmas list. Thanks guys!
  16. Bella

Bella New Member

Any reviews on carmen, drizzle, monsoon, earthquake, and queen b?
  17. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Worldtone (NYC/LA), Pattersons Backbay Dancewear (Mass) - online or via phone for both...
  18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

hope your peeps are late shoppers... ;)
  19. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Hi,

I wear the Queen B. I have an exceedingly narrow foot, so unless yours is narrow, probably not going to work for you. For the most part, I adore these shoes, and my stability is definitely better than with the shoes I previously wore. However, two issues. One, the buckles - either my supplier has had a bad batch of shoes and the little "nub" breaks and falls into the folded part of the strap (making them uwearable...and now I just get the buckles replaced upon purchase) and I have noticed that the shoes are not consistently the same. Sometimes the straps are a wee bit too loose compared to a previous pair. I have become very sensitized to the shoe and notice every little deviation. The pair I currently have are not as stable as the previous ones, but I just stuff things into the shoe to make it work.
  20. Bella

Bella New Member

I've noticed that with other brands too... :(

I was considering the queen B. Mainly because I don't want my pinky toe falling out of my shoe.