Ray Rose Shoe Question

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Beccajelly, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Stillharbor

Stillharbor New Member

I had the international nadia's and tried the ray rose. The nadia's fit well because they had a wider fore foot, but straps around the heel so that so don't slide out of the heel cup. Leather straps that are easy to break in. The was what I liked. Cons-the heel felt like it would move under me and I always felt my ankles rolled outward. When you put them flat on a table, you could see them lean outward.

The ray rose fit almost the same way. Can't remember exactly the name of the shoe, but it has straps over the toes, heel cup, and an arch strap. The straps don't stretch as much because they are satin. This means they are harder to break in. That's a tiny con. BUT--the heel gives the best stability I've ever had!! I don't feel like I'm constantly on the verge of rolling my ankles.

2. dansa

dansa New Member

I cut the T-bar strap off from my Carmen Shoe to get more flexibility as it was making the shoe less flexible.. but the shoe is still not as flexible as i would like it. im not sure if its that my foot is not pointing very strongly enough yet, or if it is the actual shoe.
    I mean i knew that Carmen wasent the most flexible shoe when i first bought it, but i thought it still would be a good idea to buy it for its stability,, however its started to bugging me this thing, and im thinking that maybe i havent breaked the shoe in so much yet. i only used it for 1 month...

Is there any suggestion how to break in a shoe faster? Like can i do something, maybe roll the soles and try and soften them up or something?

3. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would definitely try bending and twisting with your hands to soften them up.

4. black_light

black_light New Member

You know these ballet exercises when you point-flex-point your foot?
    That works great, both for the shoe and your foot.

5. kamilla

kamilla New Member

Does anyone had some expierence with RR Snowlakes? Do they fit the same as Carmens? I want to order a new pair of shoes, but can't decide which one of these two, cause I've tryied on only Carmens...

6. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

I have very sweaty feet (I know, TMI), so I just put my Blizzards on and wear them around the house to soften them up before I wear them the first time. Maybe you could dampen your hands before bending and twisting the shoes?

7. kamilla

kamilla New Member

ray rose snowflakes

Does anyone had some experience with RR Snowflakes? Do they fit the same as Carmens? :confused:

8. gracie

gracie Active Member

The RR shoes are supposed to be floor ready when you buy them. I haven't found that they "break-in" much, haven't had much stretching of straps, etc.

9. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

I found that I still have a bit of a break in period, but not as much as with other shoes.

10. Yippy4Skippy

Yippy4Skippy New Member

For those who have tried the "Drizzle" how is the width of the forefoot on these compared to other RR shoes?

11. dansa

dansa New Member

What i have read here on the forums before, they are quite narrow?...

12. dansa

dansa New Member

I noticed that after 1-2 months my shoes got broken-in.. Now they are much better then before... But i dont agree that RR's shoes are floor ready like they claim on the site..

13. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

I can dance with them right away, but for real comfort and softness for true pointing it takes a few hours of dancing in them before I'm happy with them.

14. Yanou

Yanou Member

As for RR shoes being floor-ready, yes, they were for me, and it was an excellent fit for me in the beginning. Now, the straps have stretched (in 5 months) and the shoes feel too big for me. So, they don't provide stability any more. This is my experience with Monsoon.

I have Carmen, also. The fit for Carmen is quite different from Monsoon. As somebody mentioned somewhere, the arch support is prounounced and its placement is rather back of the shoes, and they didn't fit my feet too well.

15. kamilla

kamilla New Member

So the heel placement in Carmens is different than in other RR shoes?

16. dansa

dansa New Member

well okay regarding RR shoes being floor-ready, yes they are in a way. but as somebody else mentioned, to be able to have them very flexible etc, it took me 1-2 months of dancing to make them perfectly flexible...

17. dansa

dansa New Member

[​IMG]

was just surfing around and found these shoes by Rayrose, "Sunrise"...
    They look like Blizzards but has more straps..
    Are these an old model or something? Cause i couldnt find them on rayrose homepage but i found them at dance-shop dot com...
    Just very curious since ive grown an extreem interest for Latin Shoes :cool:
    Just posting by curiosity if anyone knows...

18. Bella

Bella New Member

Ok - from reading back on this thread.... I concluded queen B and Monsoon are the best ones for narrow feet... correct?

19. Bella

Bella New Member

nevermind - just spoke to worldtone - they recommend blizzard.

20. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

I have extremely narrow feet (especially heels) and use Blizzards.