Recipes thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by lynn, Nov 25, 2005.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Put a lid on the baking dish...?

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Are you sure they're not supposed to be pre-soaked? I like chickpeas too, but I've never heard of a recipe for pop-peas (like popcorn, get it? :D )

3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

poppies??? ooohh nevamind LO sound yummy tho

pygmalion likes this.
  4. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

They were canned ones, per the recipe. I thought they were going to turn out crunchy like those wasabi peas.

I was excited cause I never even attempt to cook. This was why. :)

5. pygmalion

So they were pre-soaked, then. What I'd probably do is cover them for part of the cooking time, then uncover them and let them get crunchy at the end.

I remember a recipe for baked, sliced potatoes that gave me similar problems. You were supposed to peel, slice, oil, season and bake them uncovered. Sounded delicious, but when I followed directions, they turned out like hockey pucks. Never did figure out what was doing wrong. *shrug*

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

If they were canned they were also pre-cooked.

In Greece, crunchy seasoned chickpeas are a common snack, but I've never them. I wonder if baking them at a much lower temp would work...

7. pygmalion

Yeah.If the end goal is crunchy but not popped, that should work. :)

8. wonderwoman

I got it out of Food Network magazine and it was a very abbreviated recipe. It was in one little block of a calendar.

I searched for more recipes and most state a lower baking temp, 350 for 45 mins. Plus they say to drain and rinse them and pat them dry with paper towel, toss them with the oil and seasoning after they're done baking.

And it lists more flavor recipes!

Seasoning Suggestions (add more or less if you like, these are just guidelines)
    1. Sesame Soy- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
    2. Honey Cinnamon- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, a pinch nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 2 tablespoons honey (you can throw these back in the oven for 10-15 minutes to carmelize if you like)
    3. Garlic Parmesan- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves fresh minced garlic, 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
    4. Smoky Spice Blend- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, pinch cayenne (optional)

9. wonderwoman

Oops. Hey, we need the option to delete posts!