Recipes thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by lynn, Nov 25, 2005.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

sounds good...
  2. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Man Catcher Brownies

are these like the Tar Baby in Brer Rabbit?
  3. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Nope. They're like perfect brownies. Very dense, very moist and chewy, but there's definitely that typical brownie crumb to them.
  4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

They are tasty, but incredibly rich...like an explosion of chocolate in your mouth. Like getting brain-freeze from ice cream.
  5. Peaches

You say that like it's a bad thing.
  6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Speaking of that, wonder how these would taste, still hot from oven (or warmed back up), with a good rich french vanilla and some hot fudge. Thought about one of those quadruple chcocolate ice creams that some places make, but suspect the counterpoint with vanilla (or a REALLy good cherry or raspberry ice cream) would be even better, while the chocolate ice cream would be excessive.
  7. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Going to try making these brownies and my friend's "peanut butter supercookies" this weekend, then send them to Stagekat's studio for the pros. I figure if i can't look as good or dance as well as them, I'll do my best to make them fat. :D
  8. Peaches

One note--looking at the instructions, I forgot to put in when to add the salt. Mix the salt in with the flour, and add the mix to the batter. (Pretty standard, really.)

I can tell you from experience (*whistling innocently*) that they taste better after they've cooled. Something about the taste changes for the better. I don't know how they'd be warmed back up.

As for the ice cream...definitely keep with the vanilla. They are VERY rich, so you definitely need something to balance them out. Chocolate ice cream and/or chocolate sauce would be overwhelming, I think. I contemplated (briefly) taking a cooled one and splitting it horizontally, adding softened ice cream to the bottom layer, putting the top back on and sticking it in the freezer to make a brownie ice cream sammich. Luckily, I don't have ice cream at home. ;)
  9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

may have to cook up a batch this weekend.:cool:

would be great with a simple espresso.
  10. Peaches

That thought crossed my mind once or twice! ;-) (Especially since I used up the last of my raw cocoa to make them.)

Oooh...espresso would be fabulous with them. The perfect foil to the sweetness.
  11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

plenty of raw cocoa in these parts... store's just down the street. :D
  12. Peaches

Sweet! One thing I'd like to do is go to your natural foods store and poke around with you, since you know about the stuff. You know, in addition to the more *cough* interesting *cough* things to do this weekend.
  13. etp777

etp777 Active Member

hrmm, now wondering if I ever posted those cookies here. I like them because I can pretend they're healthy. Oats AND whole wheat flour (and butter and chocolate and peanut butter and eggs)
  14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

*grin*

absolutely! you can get all my yummy faves there. that awesome tuna, too...
  15. Peaches

...nom nom nom...
  16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

was thinking this morning what to cook up for saturday supper... mebbe some greek spaghetti? it's been weeks...
  17. Peaches

Oooh...greek spaghetti? Sounds interesting, and tasty!

...nom nom nom...
  18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

if you like indian food you should like this... made with cumin & cinnamon. not tomato-y
  19. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

i have few people coming to my house on saturday so i'll make croatian pancakes for dessert. :p

For dinner spinach (with milk and eggs), gnocchi and prosciutto.
  20. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

What's a Croatian pancake and how does it differ from other pancakes?