Redneck Woman

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by dancersdreamland, May 25, 2005.

1. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

I'm sorry...I have one more.

I found several versions of a line dance to the song "Redneck Woman" and I'm wondering if anyone has done a line dance to this song and if you can recommend the most popular steps. THANKS!

2. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Redneck Woman . . . one of my favorite songs . . . I saw the band that did that song - The Bellamy Brothers - in Las Vegas once. I instantly becane a fan of theirs! Very talented (older) guys.

The line dance . . . if you can't find the dance steps, let me know. I used to teach, and still have thousands of dance step descriptions sheets in binders. I'll do a search if need be.

3. dancersdreamland

Thanks, Vince!

There's actually a newly released version sang by Gretchen Wilson. I'm not sure if it's the same song as the one to which you are referring...

I did find several step sheets, I'm just not sure which version is the most popular and was hoping someone from the Forum would be dancing it.

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yeah. I was wondering about that, too ... whether or not the Gretchen Wilson verson is a remake. Hmm. :google: ing the lyrics might help. 8) BBL. :car: :D

The things you learn in google. :D

5. pygmalion

Here're the Gretchen Wilson lyrics. This url has streaming audio. Love this song. :D

6. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

The words posted here are to Redneck Girl; there is a song called Redneck Woman that was done by Tony Joe White. I was at a concert years ago where TJW played this song. He was the opening act for Waylon Jennings.

7. pygmalion

Ah. The plot thickens. If you go to the link, the lyrics I posted are the ones to the top-40 country hit by Gretchen Wilson. Hmm. :?

8. dancersdreamland

Very interesting...(she notes while drumming fingers on chin and looking for deep in thought).

9. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Is this the one you have? There is also a partnered version.

Redneck Woman

Music: Gretchen Wilson - Redneck Woman (92 BPM)

1-8 WALK FORWARD, KICK, WALK BACK, STOMP
    1-4& Walk Forward Left, Right, Left, Right Kick 2 Times
    5-8& Walk Back Right, Left, Right, Left Stomp 2 Times

9-16 POINT, STEP, POINT, STEP,POINT, STEP, SHUFFLE BACK
    1-2 Touch Left To Left, Step Left In Front Of Right
    3-4 Touch Right To Right, Step Right In Front Of Left
    5-6 Touch Left To Left, Step Left In Front Of Right
    7&8 Right Shuffle Back

17-24 ROCK, STEP, TURN, MODIFIED VINE, TOUCH, CLAP
    1&2 Left Rock Step Forward, Recover Right, Turn 1/4 Turn Left As Step Left Back
    3-4 Cross Step Right Behind Left, Step Left To Left
    5&6 Cross Step Right Over Left, Step Left To Left, Cross Step Right Behind Left
    7-8 Touch Left To Left, Clap

25-32 ROCK, STEP, TURN, MODIFIED VINE, STOMPS
    1&2 Left Rock Step Left, Recover Right As Turn 1/2 Turn Right, Touch Left To Right
    3-4 Step Left To Left, Cross Step Right Behind Left
    5&6 Step Left To Left, Cross Step Right Over Left, Step Left To Left
    7&8 Stomp Right, Left, Right

BEGIN AGAIN…

10. dancersdreamland

I actually don't have a single version of the dance...rather I have found several various versions. I'll have to give this one a try! Thanks, Vince!