Sacadas for Dummies

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Mario7, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Mario7

Mario7 Member

Hi dc...in that particular post Im talking about sacadas walking...Im hoping that someday I will have such comfort and mastery of the basics that it will just happen naturally the first times on a whim.

2. Mario7

Mario7 Member

Thanks agian... actually I was going to mention, early on, that there was one sacada that I do get ok some of the time...but I couldn't describe it... you just did... only with mine, I don't start the woman on a giro but rather sacada while walking another step .. I will have to try your version...but I notice in the giro that the woman always seems to be ahead of my sacada attempt and is usually gone (or leaving) before I get there.... I have noticed some milongueros always using their right leg to sacada in the giro to the closed side...which seems counter-intuitive but maybe there is a good reason for that...canti-levering the torsos for some reason..? don' know..all is a mystery still.o_O

3. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure you'll get there. One good place to do a single sacada (at a milonga) is in the corner.

Get into cross system, and sacada her left leg with your right leg, and she can easily be pivoted 90 degrees right at/after that.

Mario7 likes this.
  4. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

I fear it should be able to do it in close embrace, Mario.

In general, sacadas as with all in tango are heavily subjected to fashions. Now eight years without sacadas seem to be over, but before that they seemed to rule the dance floor.

5. opendoor

Sacadas are show-elements (illusion) because the follower eventually will not catch what is going on downstairs. And these show elements trace back right to the beginning of tango itself. There always have been different threads in tango: fun, sensual intimacy, show... And of course I appreciate that you have developed a lustrada-like sensual interpretation of this element.

6. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

just watch this..

7. opendoor

I´ve loaded this vid down for a different reason: the atrapadita at 2:00

8. bordertangoman

I still love Zum...

B ut I still can't dance in black and white..:(

9. opendoor

... all cats are grey by night, anyway :cool:

10. bordertangoman

Am i the only person to have tangoed to a Cure track?
    (that's a rhetorical question, by the way, and don't feel obliged to answer (except "8" ) )

opendoor likes this.