Salsa Christmas Songs

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Pacion, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Plagerising (oops, I meant borrowing) this from the Ballroom section :lol: does anyone know of any salsa (or even bachata) Christmas/festive songs?

2. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

There are hundreds of them, however, we must note that what we refer to as xmas songs in spanish isn't equivalent to what Americans call xmas songs.... so we have festive songs; plenas and what are known as aguinaldos, however salsa has their songs that do follow that style...

El gran combo is famos for making festive songs that became xmas favorites in Puerto Rico. Daniel Santos has some incredible xmas songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!

El Menu - El Gran Combo
    La fiesta de Pilito - El Gran combo
    No Hay Cama Pa Tanta Gente - El Gran Combo
    Una Pena De Navidad - Hector Lavoe and Yomo Torro
    La Parranda Fania - Hector Lavoe and Yomo Torro

Willie Colon and Hector Lavoe have a couple of very famous xmas albums, la gran fuga is one of them, I forget the name of others.

3. Pacion

Pacion New Member

What is the difference?

4. Danoo

Danoo New Member

uhmm
    dunno :p

5. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Festive and Danceable.... USA Xmas Carols are pretty much listening songs. You put an aguinaldo on in Puerto Rico, some will run to their house get musical instruments and start playing, some will start singing others will clap, the rest will shake it all about... Which usually ends up in a nightly long event that turns into a little festival...

6. mambochino

mambochino New Member

that's is my kinda fest!! :p

7. Big10

Big10 Member

My favorite is "Aguinaldo Pa' To' el Año" from Puerto Rican Power, including some guest artists. It's on the Salsahits 2003 compilation album.

I also like "La Pandereta" from Grupo Niche.

8. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Thanks, I've checked audio clips and they are good! :D
    I'll ask if the DJs can play some of these Xmas salsa songs on our Boxing Day salsa night.

9. MadamSamba

MadamSamba Member

Oh, wow. Some of these are fabulous!! Thanks, guys...I can't wait to dance salsa at Christmas now!

10. don_svendo

don_svendo New Member

Is "La gran fuga" a christmas album? :shock:
    Are you sure?

Asalto Navideño is the only one I know about. Haven't heard it, though.

11. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Thank you so much!!!! I was thinking of the cover where colon and lavoe are escaping and I came up with la gran fuga. :doh: I thought they were stealing. :D

12. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

When I was a kid Asalto Navideño ruled xmas... Everyone had it, I remember looking at the cover of the LP and saying, I DON'T LIKE MUSIC... LOL.... I wonder what happened since then..

[​IMG]

13. don_svendo

don_svendo New Member

Cool! This thread makes me want to replace some of the traditional stuff with salsa when I go to visit my parents this christmas... 8)

14. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

That is the idea...that's the idea. I plan to drive my relatives crazy this x'mas. :D

15. pelao

pelao New Member

richie ray & bobby cruz - bomba en navidad
    hector lavoe - el todopoderoso (may not be a 'christmas' song, but its about jesus christ, so thats good enough)

Hector Lavoe - Traigo La Salsa
    Tito Rojas - Navidad Con Tito Rojas (Album name)
    VA - Navidad Tropical - Sony Discos (Compilation Album)
    VA - Navidad Fania (compilation)
    VA - Salsa en Navidad (compilation)
    VA - Navidad Tropical de la Isla - RMM (compilation)

Thats all I can think of for now.

16. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Where'd you get the LP cover art, borikensalsero? It's cool. 8)

17. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

I don't remember how I ran into it but know it was Somewhere in las4esquinas.com...

18. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

islamusical.com also has it...the lp art