Salsa Dancing--What to Wear?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by TemptressToo, Mar 9, 2005.

?

What to wear?

1. jeans and a t-shirt

100.0%
  2. sexy top and hoochey pants

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. sexy top and swishy skirt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

That really makes sense! :)

2. Kindra

Kindra New Member

Heheheh!! Words to live by from this day forward...
    The wisdom on this forum amazes me. :D :lol:

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

When did people start using the word "hoochie"? Is it similar to "slut", "'ho" or "floozy"?
    When I hear the word hoochie, I think hooch (pot)... :shock:

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

At least in my circles, hoochey is short for "hoochey mama." No kidding. It's not necessarily a slut, but somebody who dresses a bit like one -- you know. A woman who loves men, and likes attention even better. The phrase has been around as long as I can remember, which is a fairly long time. :roll: :wink:

But yeah. I knew the term hooch for a stash of ... uh ... stuff. I wonder if the two are related. Probably.

5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I love men, too, love to be around them and love to be admired by them, but I don't need to bare @$$ or boobs to get them! (well, maybe just a little...) I'm also in conservative Asia, and not many women dress like "hoochey mamas" especially in MY part of the country(and if you're over the ripe ol' age of 30!) :shock: :shock: :shock:

6. wuthering

wuthering New Member

I'd presume that Japanese cities must be less conservative than some other Asian countries (not that I've visited all of it).

7. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

I also have a simple rule when shopping and dressing:
    "Would Angelica Huston wear this outfit?"

You know the woman actress playing the betrayed wife (and daughter of the big maffia boss) in Prizzies Honour.

I can still remember the day I found out that that she actually isn't good looking (i.e without clothes) and she doesn't have that long and slim neck I've always admired. It is the way that she dress that makes her classy and beautiful. And the way she moves. She is not even that slim that I always have believed she is.

It is very simple when I go shopping ....but often it is expensive....

/luc

8. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

hmmm... Simple elegance. It's okay if it is expensive. You don't need many clothes. If what you have is just right often one can get away with few. :wink: :)

9. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

I tried to find some picture Angelic Huston to show you what I mean. But the only picture I found was this. (Every other picture was close ups.)

w w w .julianwasser.com/images/photos/jack_angelica_small.jpg

(The guy is Jack Nicholson)

This is not what I meant - but it is a great picture!

/Luc

10. wuthering

wuthering New Member

This is her now w w w. glamourparis.com/Decidez_qui_est_Glamour_et_qui.26.0.html?&vote[uid]=369&cHash=f039a37a9e

11. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

Yes, she has changed a bit the last years. But I still remember her in the good days. It is that image of her I have inside my head.

(She had more of this w w w .glamourparis.com/Decidez_qui_est_Glamour_et_qui.26.0.html?&vote[uid]=374&cHash=3cdcb2b819 when she was younger)

/luc

12. tj

tj New Member

Lol, you gotta love a thread which results in women recommending to each other to show off their cleavage or their legs. 8)

13. Kindra

Kindra New Member

Of course YOU would love this thread... :roll: :wink: :lol:

14. tj

tj New Member

I have a perfect comeback for that... but I will be the gentleman and refrain... (in public at least) :wink:

15. Kindra

Kindra New Member

Thanks buddy.... (you can always PM your comeback!!)

16. Ron Obvious

Ron Obvious New Member

I don't know about you guys, but in Finland we usually leave our valuable stuff/jackets in the wardrobe. We pay like 2 € and a guy takes care of it. It's not like anything would get stolen here anyway, but it's less of a hassle to leave the stuff there. I just wear my mini-wallet (a swedish invention called a smart-case, which is the size of a credit card and has ample room for cards and some bills) and my phone in the pockets.

17. wuthering

wuthering New Member

Here too, but you still have to put the ticket somewhere. I don't want to chose my clothes any more on the criteria that it should have at least one pocket.

Today I found a wallet I can tie above my ankle. It's a bit large, but it will come handy anyway.

18. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

There are wallets that women tie to their arms. I saw them at the NYC salsa congress in 2004.

19. HF

HF New Member

There are even wallets that are supposed to be fixed at the shoes. They are for runners and are available at sportswear shops.

20. wuthering

wuthering New Member

Yes, I know of the one to tie to the arms, but don't know where to buy them (unless buying on the internet and paying some extra fee for shipping...)