Salsa Dancing--What to Wear?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by TemptressToo, Mar 9, 2005.

?

What to wear?

1. jeans and a t-shirt

100.0%
  2. sexy top and hoochey pants

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. sexy top and swishy skirt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. wuthering

wuthering New Member

Haven't seen any yet.
  2. Ron Obvious

Ron Obvious New Member

ok, I admit it's easier for men, I usually wear jeans.

I've noticed the women either put everything in a small handbag they dance with or leave at the table (which is safe here), or just bring their mobile phone and purse and leave it at the table. But sometimes we don't go and dance everyone at the same time, and somebody stays at the table. Not just to guard the stuff, but also the table.
  3. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

Fashionable dancewallets (the one you see at congresses) is found here:
    w w w .alberttorresevents.com/store/dept.asp?id=27
    To be put on ankle or under your skirt.

The other kind of ankle wallet is found in a good sport shop or a shop for runners.

/Lucretia
  4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

They're pretty conservative, but not like anything in an Islamic country. The women over 30 hardly EVER wear tank tops, short skirts or shorts for that matter. I salsa dance and in my 3 years of dancing I have not EVER seen either of my two best girlfriends wear anything sleeveless on the dancefloor!
  5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

So, what do you GUYS recommend to each other- bum, bulge, chest hair? Fill us in!!!! :D
  6. wuthering

wuthering New Member

IMO, the more a person is aged, the more he/she should cover herself up. Same goes for extra pounds etc. But for age, I would certainly not set the threshold at 30, rather at 40 or 45. A 40ish woman barely cled gives me the impression that she's trying too hard to get a date. It's also about posture, gesture and mimics. But this is my opinion, and I don't want to sound judgemental or anything.
  7. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

If you take into consideration the climate here- it's like 90 degrees in the summer with over 80% humidity ALL DAY AND NIGHT, and you even sweat just sitting down doing nothing- it makes sense to wear sleeveless stuff regardless of what you look like, just to be sensible and try to stay cool. I know a lot of people well into their 50's that look GORGEOUS, heavy or not, that doesn't bother me. It's how they carry themselves and how they present themselves and most importantly, their state of mind(which usually knocks off 10 years or so from their appearance- thinking young really DOES make one look young!).
  8. tj

tj New Member

Lol! Mostly we talk about how to either stay dry or keep cool...

A lot of skin shown by a guy feels unclassy to me...
  9. Sabor

Sabor New Member

if a guy recommended stuff like that to me.. i dont think i'll look at him the same way again.. and thats the best reaction to hope for :lol:
  10. wuthering

wuthering New Member

I'm not a guy, but I agree on that. I don't like shorts and tank tops on dancers.
  11. amrimi

amrimi New Member

I agree shorts are an absolute nono, but I think a tanktop might be acceptable if the guy doesn't have to much hair.
  12. Kindra

Kindra New Member

I have to disagree...tank tops for guys are pretty iffy IMHO. I think guys that JUST wear tank tops (without an overshirt)...come across as a little cheesy to me. :roll:

Now if I were on a tropical island....my opinion might change. But here in DC....it's a no go for me.
  13. aragonh

aragonh New Member

Ok, what do you people mean by tanktops for men??

I agree on no dancing in shorts, unless you happen to be in a pool party!!

As for tops, I think dancing in an undershirt (wifebeater) is ok only if its the end of the night and you sweated what you wore over it.
  14. Kindra

Kindra New Member

I think a costume change is the best way to go....BUT that's me.
  15. aragonh

aragonh New Member

At the last congress, i brought 2 extra shirts and an extra undershirt each night.

And Im soon going to buy more undershirts for this upcoming West Coast Salsa Congress!!!
  16. Kindra

Kindra New Member

I have an idea. If you are planning to strip down to your "wife beater" by the end of the night...you should write something funny/clever on each one. Make things interesting! Give those salsera's something to laugh about.
    Otherwise...you might just look like that guy who thinks he's tooo HOT to be covered up. :wink: :lol:
  17. aragonh

aragonh New Member

:lol: :p :lol:

But what if I am a Papi Chulo? :ladiesma:

But that is a good idea actually. One of my "wifebeaters" says "Sabor" on it.

[Hey, Sabor, you should get that wifebeater :tongue: ]
  18. Kindra

Kindra New Member

Doesn't matter....they can't know that YOU know. See...that's the trick.
  19. amrimi

amrimi New Member

what kind of clothing are wifebeaters ???????????
  20. aragonh

aragonh New Member

More to the point . . . the trick is being mysterious & cool about it. 8)