Salsa Dancing--What to Wear?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by TemptressToo, Mar 9, 2005.

?

What to wear?

1. jeans and a t-shirt

100.0%
  2. sexy top and hoochey pants

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. sexy top and swishy skirt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. aragonh

aragonh New Member

THey are undershirts (or V-cut t-shirts w/ no sleeves)
  2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Wifebeaters?

I threw mine out a long time ago....maybe I should have saved them?
  3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I think guys with nice upper bodies look GREAT in tank tops or "muscle Ts". I don't want to see shorts on a guy unless I'm at a beach party.
  4. Kindra

Kindra New Member

A "wifebeater" is slang for a man's white undershirt (tanktop).
  5. Sabor

Sabor New Member

:lol: you bet!

actually .. i'll wear whatever i feel good in.. be it shorts, wifebeater or whatever.. i dont really consider fashion consensus cause my biggest critic is really me.. and its my feeling that if i feel good then i look good .. u know .. but for sure i know thats not what may go across to others.. but thats how it'll go no matter what u do.. so.. just play that island beat and let me loose! :D
  6. Kindra

Kindra New Member

Good point. I'll agree with you on that. ;)
  7. Josh

Josh Active Member

I'll usually wear jeans (that fit, not baggy!) and a button-up shirt (maybe roll up the sleeves a bit). I like shirts with an awesome pattern, like some of the banana republic dress shirts. Sometimes pants, just depends on if I'm feeling a little less or more casual. Oh, and untuck the shirt with jeans, tuck it with the pants.

I really like wearing pants when it's hot (isn't it always after a few dances?) because jeans just make me feel heavy and make it difficult to move comfortably, though I feel great in jeans because of the way they look and the casual look of them. What are some of you other guys out there wearing?
  8. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I like jeans, even when they're tight fitting! Mine stretch a lot so I have no problem moving. However I keep the pants option open because they're always even more stretchy.
    Of course, you're a guy. :roll: :p Don't think it's totally the same between us. Forget about my blabbering.

Twilight Ξ•lena
  9. Sagitta

I'm with Sabor and wear whatever I feel like wearing. If I feel good I do good. I've done barefoot, shorts and a gym t-shirt before... Sometimes I'm dressed to the nines and everyone is a lot more casual... that's the way it goes.
  10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I dance barefoot at my house, as I put holes in my socks every time I do spins! You wouldn't dance barefoot in a club now, would you Sagitta? Just where are you dancing barefoot?
  11. Sagitta

In a club, actually. A friend's shoe lost a heel and she was upset so I removed my shoes and socks to join her.
  12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

That's so cool(heart goin' throb throb!)!!!! :D !
  13. Sagitta

Thank you! Thank you! I do my best to give those whom I dance with a good time. :)
  14. Sabor

Sabor New Member

so, if she lost a main clothing item for example.. :lol: hmm seems fishy to me LOL!
  15. Sagitta

Actually I have no problem with that either. I'm pretty comfortable with my body. Aren't you too? I may not do that if I think it would cause a bigger stir and attention as I don't think a friend would want me to do that. A 'lil thinking Sabor!! It ain't a hard 'n fast rule, but what works best. :wink: :)
  16. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I once changed clothing with my brother in a place that had a dress code. I was wearing a button-up Hawaiian shirt & he a funky sleevless thing he borroed from me while staying at my place. They wouldn't let us(HIM!) in so we went to the restrooms & changed tops(I handed the shirt out the door(heck, I was wearing a bra!) and everything was peachy! We had a great time dancing after that! :lol:
  17. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

Your brother fits into your clothes??? He must be tiny.
  18. SurfSalsa

SurfSalsa New Member

And while you're asking, what in this world are hoochey pants??? Excuse my ignorance, but never heard the term...

BTW, IMO, the climate does dictate the dress code to an extent as well. You'll die in jeans and shirt on a hot summer night when it's 35+C and humid and the place is jam-packed...

Ladies, under those circumstances, would you rather have a dripping sweaty guy in jeans/pants and shirt/t-shirt or a half-sweaty guy in baggy pants (beach shorts) and a tank-top type thingy... ???
  19. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

A wifebeater is a tank-top-style t-shirt...usually in white. They are sort of "ribbed" and are made by both Haines and FOTL.

Hoochey pants are those black "club pants" which usually accompany any female club go-er topped with a sexy shirt showing much skin.
  20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Actually, he's 6'5" and has a GREAT build. I just happened to be wearing a very loose guy's Hawaiian-style shirt that day and it fit him! 8)