Salsa music torrents

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by salilsurendran, Apr 16, 2011.

1. salilsurendran

salilsurendran New Member

Hello Friends,
    Some of my friends constant download salsa music torrents. I guess even though that is not looked down upon like downloading music of a major music label but I still wondered what the salsa community thought about it. I always preferred to pay to buy my music but a lot of old songs especially are not available to buy.
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Ooh. I'm not sure what torrents are, but this topic may be touchy here, for legal reasons. :-?
  3. matty

matty New Member

i think your friends, like many people dont realise the role they play (or could play) in the survival & growth of the salsa music genre

i recommend thinking of the actual artist who created the music, and the time and money they had to put in to make a recording and promote it, etc, etc...

rather than worrying about the major record labels

if you value the work of the artist, then give something back by buying their music

i will agree with you in that the online legal download services could be better.
    however i think it would be more positive to create a thread for specific songs people cannot find, and discuss the lack of service in the online legal download services, than to use a couple of old deleted songs as an excuse to opt for "constant" freeloading, which is what it sounds like your friends are doing now