Salsa Video Clip List

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Paou, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Paou

Paou New Member

2. Slawek

Slawek New Member

3. Paou

Paou New Member

4. Kindra

Kindra New Member

Thanks for the post!! Quite a nice surprise, as I was just thinking yesterday (after making myself stay in and rest for the evening) about posting myself, to ask where to find some good clips. You beat me to it! :bouncy:
  5. Leah

Leah New Member

hehe - my thoughts exactly!
  6. Beto

Beto Active Member

Kindra, I can make you a CD that has some of the older (i.e. no longer online) footage from iMambo.tv available. It will also have footage from Salsaloon.com (no longer up and my god I miss that site!). It's basically social dancing footage and performances from different congresses between 2002 and 2004. Will bring it with me tonight.
  7. Kindra

Kindra New Member

Thanks Beto!
  8. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

9. Beto

Beto Active Member

10. devane

devane New Member

thanks for the post
    there are some good links here.
  11. volleybgrl

volleybgrl New Member

Sweet I can't wait to take a look at some of these! :applause:
  12. Paou

Paou New Member

13. Paou

Paou New Member

14. Beto

Beto Active Member

:D I know! Berju, Fernando and Max from Tropical Gem, Vitico and Juan Matos are -rocking- in that clip! What gets me is that Fernando is knocking out triple spins on concrete while wearing dress sandals! And I also love how Berju's switching from On1 to On2 and back again depending on who is leading her.

Can someone identify the song that's playing in that clip? I've been told that it's Alfredo de la Fe but I was hoping someone else might know the title?
  15. Paou

Paou New Member

16. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

17. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

Yes, I found it at Amazone - w w w.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00003003I/qid=1109968231/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_24_2/202-4278655-5151068

Does anyone know if this long version is the one found at this album? I love the combination of classical/salsa and James Bond. :D

The more I watch this video - the more I love it. It makes me chill and sweat at the same time. I tremble of joy, happiness and eager to dance and eager to become that good. Today I've seen it at least five times. Its get better for every time.

Does anyone know if theses people are profesionals? I admire them so much.

The girl will propably become one of my "styleguides" ( :wink: ) in the future. But I need more afrocuban training....and more salsa of course

/luc
  18. Beto

Beto Active Member

Yes, they are all professionals. Burju is from Hacha y Machete. Fernando Sosa and Max are from Tropical Gem (my favorite dance company to watch perform at congresses!). Juan Matos is from Fogarate Dance Project and Vitico is an instructor from NYC.
    http://www.hymstyle.com/Hympage.htm
    http://www.tropicalgem.it/index.htm
  19. Beto

Beto Active Member

Vielen Dank, Paou! I've been wondering who does this song as I heard it at the end of last year's congress in LA (oddly enough I was in the big tent dancing while Fernando, Burju, Max, Juan and Vitico were jamming outside like in that clip) and at the end of last year's SF Congress as well. Good to link up the artists to another song that I like!
  20. meagalita

meagalita New Member

man oh man, i think i was in the main tent too beto, i remember that song..
    did the outside area they were on have concrete floors? must not have as they were spinning fine, but i imagine they could spin on sand.
    once again seeing fernando sosa dance brings tears to my eyes. also which one was juan matos, the one in the black coat? burju is amazing to watch.
    wowsers.