Salsa Video Clip List

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Paou, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

2. hopelessly_addicted

hopelessly_addicted New Member

Hi Lucretia,

The link didn't work for me... it played some ads for like 10 mins so I gave up.. Is it a dancing clip?

3. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

These are GOOD ones alright!! To me, the only difference between the amateurs and pros is that the pros are making money from their dancing.

In the Pro section, I LOVED Abel and Sulmara (Very sexy and exciting to watch!), along with Liz and Jose' plus Ruby and Alex. These 3 couples were really dancing as opposed to just doing acrobatics and such.

In the Amateur section, I really enjoyed Polina & Martin, and Jose & Sandra's final performance, very fun! Again it was actual dancing as opposed to tricks and acrobatics.

Wish I could've been there for these.

4. Paou

Paou New Member

It's not a video clip, but it's a resource I found today :) - the band Mamborama has the capability to listen to their cd's on their website... some good tunes there ;)

http://www.mamborama.com/

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

It is good of them to do so. I hope that they get more sales that way and it encourages others to allow people to listen to music online so we know we really want it when we buy a CD. Sort of like how the physical stores do offline. :) And not simply a 20 second clip. To me that tells me nada!!

6. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

Perhaps the 10 minute ad is caused by some regional setting. When I play the video it is 30 seconds of ads and then starts a video. But I know that Pacion could watch the video....so perhaps it was some stop at the videoservice. ( I asked her before publishing the link)

Another way to access the link is to surf into http://search.launch.yahoo.com/launch/search/?m=all&p=Celia cruz&x=4&y=10

Scroll down the CD list. Then you find a Video title.
    There are two videos with Celia but the one above is the only one that works for me (this is for sure a regional problem I've been told)

Yes it is both a song AND a dancevideo. There is a big bunch of great dancers surrounding the Queen. Of course it is salsa mixed with showdance - but I get soooo inspired when I watch it...

/luc

7. hopelessly_addicted

I've tried the alternative access to the link you suggested.. didn't work either... just ads after ads after ads.. :( Oh well.. thanks for the suggestion anyways!

I have seen Celia singing La vie es un carnaval to the description similar to what you've said above a long time ago.. I think that took place in Miami on the beach. Looked great from memory but that clip wasn't so inspiring...

8. CocoMmlle

CocoMmlle New Member

9. pr

pr New Member

Welcome to Dance Forums CocoMmlle!!! :D

10. emsalsa

emsalsa New Member

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way of downloading the video clips from Club Mayan into the computer so we can watch even off line??? I have been able to do this with video clips from other website but with this one I am stuck.

Thank you :p

Emsalsa

11. CocoMmlle

CocoMmlle New Member

thank you PR!!!

12. Sagitta

Nairobi? So you visit Kenya? Vipi mambo?

13. Sagitta

Thanks and welcome to df. :D

14. pr

pr New Member

I have heard that it is not possible to download clips from 2004 or 2005, but it is possible for year 2002 and 2003.

15. emsalsa

emsalsa New Member

to Sagita: YESSSS!!! Njuri, asante saana. In fact I just returnt from Nairobi 2 days ago. I am in the UK now. I miss Kenya so much I could cry! Great salsa scene there...!!! Your question touched me badddd!!!!

to pr: thanks, I will try!

16. Addicted2Salsa

Addicted2Salsa New Member

Anymore Francisco Vasquez/ Fernando (Tropical Gem) Clips?

Hi Guys!

Lots of videoclips here!
    So many links that it's hard to check them all :)

I've seen the 3-4 fernando (T.Gem) clips. Wow!

Would anyone be able to point me to some more anymore Fernando from Tropical Gem Clips?

And even Francisco Vasquez's clips?

I am looking for social dancing or performance clips.
    I really love watching them dance.

Plz help me find some more to satisfy my addiction :)

Thx
    Addicted2Salsa

17. hopelessly_addicted

Welcome to DF Addicted2Salsa :)

If you are as addicted as you say you are, we must have crossed path 8)

18. Sagitta

Ditto!! :D

19. Addicted2Salsa

Addicted2Salsa New Member

Hi hopelessly_addicted!

Thx for the warm welcome! :)

So anyone got any URLs/Links to more Fernando Sosa or Francisco Vasquez clips (social/performance)?

Thx all! :p

20. pr

pr New Member

"Tritto!!!" :D