Saturday nights in Los Angeles?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by twnkltoz, Feb 6, 2013.

1. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

I have a student who is often stuck in a hotel room in L.A. on Saturday nights and would like to know if there are some good places to go dancing. He is usually near the Ontario airport and sometimes near LAX. Can anyone recommend a venue within a half-hour drive or so from either of those? He is a hard-working beginner, so a super competitive environment might be intimidating.

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

i suggest you contact the los angeles chapter of usa dance they will have the 411

twnkltoz likes this.
  3. twnkltoz

Good idea! Thanks!

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  4. MintyMe

MintyMe Member

OCdance.com has a huge weekly calender for dances in Orange County, Long Beach and Los Angeles. It includes lessons, workshops, events and social dances.

twnkltoz and Mr 4 styles like this.
  5. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

If he is "stuck" at Ontario, take a short drive east towards Redlands on the 10fwy, exit Park Avenue and locate Buddy Schwimmers dance studio. Went to the grand opening last year. I don't know the schedule but it's relatively close. Redlands also hosts several "ballroom" studios that have schedules on the web. Interested parties can simply google a search of the Yucaipa/Redlands area and-or Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga and come up with lots of options.
    South to Riverside there are also several studios.
    Also, if stuck at LAX he could also check out the Hacienda Hotel, just on the beach side of the airport - we're talkin social dancing - close to LAX, this is a mainstay for lots of folks who don't want to go too far from their hotels.
    Other than USA Dance Chapters.

hmmmm, it just stuck me that CoCoPalms, up on the hill at the 57/10 interchange has lots of social dancing but lots of ballroom folk that participate in the cha-cha/rumba/salsa/nightclub dance scene. Floor is packed - lots of interaction at this restaurant venue for weekender evenings, great for beginners as well. About a 20 minute drive west from Ontario Airport. A little tricky to find road to lead to it, your student should get directions before attempting to find this restaurant/club - there are no lights on the hill until you actually get to the driveway. Anyways he should have a fun journey where-ever the dancing is.

twnkltoz likes this.
  6. twnkltoz

Wow! Thanks!

Seesee shakur likes this.
  7. salsamatic

salsamatic New Member

Tell them to check out
    vidasalsera.com

Santa Monica and downtown LA has good places.

I go to these places a lot.

8. twnkltoz

Thanks.