Say "No" when you don't like

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by dlgodud, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You know what they say. If it doesn't kill you...
  2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

wait minute - did I drop in on the cosmetic surg thread? :?:
  3. Bella

Bella New Member

It's ok to voice your opinion, it's just how it's communicated ;) (and if your coach is willing to listen).
  4. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Well, lima beans aren't going to kill me either, but that doesn't mean I have to eat them. And if they're on the list of what comes with my filet, I'll ask for a substitution, thank you very much! :argue:
  5. Bella

Bella New Member

Diiittooo.
  6. mamboqueen

lima bean=corte jaca ;)
  7. Chiron

Chiron New Member

Hmm... I like lima beans. I wonder if this means I will like cotre jaca's when I get to them...
  8. mamboqueen

Suffering succotash! I bet you will ;) :rocker:
  9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lol...i've got corte jacas in my routine. i kinda like'em just cuz...they're so different from everything else.
  10. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

yeah, pro just put 'em in my routine in a re-choreographed section (I was a bit surprised)....will be looking to rock 'em on a floor near you soon.
  11. Laura

Laura New Member

Corte Jaca, makin' a comeback...what's next, the X-line for Standard?
  12. elisedance

elisedance New Member

hey L, see the oversway thread... :)
    Edit: silly me - that was you posting there too...
  13. latingal

Mine are done in shadow, so I'm not knockin' any opportunity to have a good looking guy at my back... *grin*
  14. Laura

Laura New Member

Hummm, you're making it sound more fun now!
  15. latingal

you know the old saying, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade! and in this case, it's not much of an effort. *grin*
  16. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

Yes, corta jacas are much more fun in shadow position. And I love voltas...pretty much everything in samba. Chicken walks in jive got better for me after the fabulous Kristina Staykova showed me they should be all about T&A. However, much of the rest of the jive syllabus, ugh. And ditto for a lot of paso syllabus.
  17. mamboqueen

paso syllabus is pretty awful; and I do agree, if I have to do corta jacas, shadow position is it for me.
  18. QPO

QPO New Member

As I am not good at them, they are my least favorite, but I am sure that once I get them under the belt they would be fun, we have them in a samba routine and when DP & I do them they look stilted.

19. QPO

QPO New Member

But on the professional front, If my instructor thinks I could handle the steps then I will do them whether they are a favorite or not, as the whole point (to me) is to be challenged.