Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Though I've seen it many times before, I watched "Casablanca" again yesterday. *swoon*
    Here's lookin' at you, kid.

T_E

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

That's always a good one. :D

3. Twilight_Elena

*sigh* I must be the only girl (at my age) that swoons over Bogey.

T_E

4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Well, if it matters, I swoon over Bergman.

5. Twilight_Elena

I don't blame ya. ;)

T_E

6. Twilight_Elena

Just saw "Honey" (someone talked about it in this thread a couple of years ago). Now I feel all hip-hop and such. That Jessica Alba sure can dance! :D
    One day, I'll have to try hip-hop. I have absolutely no idea what a class would be like or what they teach, but...

T_E

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

*ignorance alert* They have hip hop classes in Greece?

8. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

Went to see "The Departed" today. Better than I expected.

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

It's long, but it keeps you so involved that you don't know that much time has passed, and at the end you wish there was more!

10. motardmom

motardmom New Member

*Bump*

Seen any good movies lately?

I have a friend that I go to dinner and a movie with periodically, every couple weeks or so (it's coming up soon...). Whenever we get to the theater, he turns to me and asks, "So... what do you want to see?" I hate that question. I don't watch TV so I don't see any previews for current movies! I have no idea what's playing. Then he has to pick the movie and it turns into this awkward, "But what do YOU want to see?" kind of discussion. UGH!

Right now, I want to see Bridge to Terabithia (having re-read the book for the sole purpose of going to see the movie). But, I always like to say, "Oh, let's see this movie or that movie", thus narrowing down the choice to 2, both of which I am interested in, then he can pick which he would like to see and everyone ends up happy..... So what else is playing?

11. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Just saw Little Miss Sunshine....very cute...quirky.

12. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

My daughter and I went to see "Music and Lyrics" last night. We really enjoyed it. Hugh Grant just keeps getting better and better (and looking better and better, imo) at the one role he plays! And he sings!

13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

memoirs of a geisha

14. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Wanna see a "no-nudity, no-bad language, no violence, no-over-the-top actors, budget film that motivates you and makes you very teary-eyed? You will catch yourself on the edge of your seat, cheering and rooting!

See "Facing the Giants." A little above a moderate religious movie, but so powerful . . . one that some of us should see the week just before we go to a dance competition. It certainly can and will help you!

I'm not pushing religion, Christianity, or anything like that. It's very seldom that I sat and watch a movie . . . and I was glued to this one!

15. tj

tj New Member

Saw Children of Men a few weeks ago. It was different - certainly beautifully shot. Had a little trouble buying the basic premise, the friend that I saw it with even moreso.

Also saw Letters from Iwo Jima. Not as "hit you over the head" anti-war as Flags of our Fathers, and probably a better movie.

16. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

Watched La Dolce Vita last weekend...

17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

niiice. :)

18. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Fly Boys

Flags Of Our Fathers - read the book too.

19. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

I really wanted to see this last weekend, but couldn't find anyone to go with me...I'll try again this weekend. I'm not in the mood for anything heavy right now and this movie sounds like it would fit my mood perfectly.

20. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

Another one that's been on my list but I still haven't gotten around to seeing it. I loved the book.