Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Oct 19, 2003.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

watched the thomas crown affair last night. gotta be some of the best on-screen chemistry ever captured between leads. i really enjoy that flick...

2. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Oooh! Really liked that film. And don't mind the first one either. :cool:

3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

LOVED that movie! IIRC, there was a very sexy dress involved....

4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

very, very sexy dress :cool:

and pierce brosnan is so, well... "he's always so soave" as my oldest put it last night. watched the flick on my bed with both teenage boys snuggled about. in the nest with my kidlets, like old times. tres fab...

5. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Ayuh, that was one heck of a dress. :raisebro:

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

doooooooooooooooooooooo tell

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

there were many steamy moments in that film. aye-aye-aye...

8. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

Max (with John Cusack and Noah Taylor, reviewed on my MySpace blog) and The Quiet American (Michael Caine and Brendan Fraser).

9. little_mouse

little_mouse Member

Watched Hotel Rwanda over the weekend. Went through alot of kleenix.

10. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

I went to bathroom couple times. I do not like anybody including my DH seeing me crying during movies.

11. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

That, too, was an incredible movie. Highly recommend it.

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

never saw the first thomas crown affair, but someone mentioned it last week (which is why i pulled the new one out). will have to look it up...

do you recall who's in it, DP?

13. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

I watched Avenue Montaigne last night. Haven't wanted to go to Paris this badly since watching Amelie.

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i loved amelie... what kind of flick is avenue montaigne?

15. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

If you enjoyed Amelie, I think you might enjoy this one, too. This, too, features a somewhat impish young lady who impacts the lives of those around her (including a world-famous classical pianist and a Hollywood director), albeit unintentionally.

LA Times review

16. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Steve McQueen and Faye Dunnaway. She plays a helluva game of chess.

17. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Ayuh, Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway, and she was hot! :D

18. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

Ok, now I would like to pick some brains here. I watched this movie on TV a long long time ago. Actually I watched only bits and pieces of it for some reason but I remember the cinematography was beautiful. The story line was like this. There is a married woman who thinks she is losing her memory. I remember one scene that she brings a nice umbrella home that she just bought, opens her closet and begins to cry…because there was an exactly same umbrella in the closet. She bought the umbrella because she forgot she already bought a same umbrella. It turns out that her husband and their neighbor who was having an affair with him set up all these to make her believe she is having mental problem and eventually to get rid of her.

I think the location was Paris, and it was almost always foggy. And I would like to say Faye Dunaway played the wife. Does anybody know the title of this movie? I would like to watch it from the beginning to the end, but I cannot because I do not know the title of the movie. Help!

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

oooo.... niiiiice.

ah, so that means faye's cameo as pierce brosnan's shrink is a salute to the original film. cool. will definitely check it out.

20. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

When do you people have time to watch movies and tv??? Especially since you al practice, and dance way more than I do.

When? I just don't get it...