Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Oct 19, 2003.

1. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Dressed to Kill (1980) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080661/

I got hold of the new Unrated Blu-ray release of this. The transfer to HD is fantastic and really nice. If thrillers are your cup of tea, highly recommended. :cool:
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Saw Real Steel with DS last night. What fun! Cliched plot. Predictable ending. Unimaginative script. And much, much fun for me at least. Bashing, crashing and fun. And I do so enjoy Hugh Jackman. And the kid is cute, too.
  3. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

"Kill the Irishman" - quite good but a bit bloody.
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

can't remember the name...it was from netflix with Meryl Streep...called something like "music from the heart"...about a violin program in east harlem and the remarkable teacher who saved it for her students with the help of some very high profile musicians...very inspiring
  5. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

"Basic" with John Travolta. Lots of twists and turns in the plot.
  6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Saw The Godfather for the first time the other night. I don't get what the big deal is with this movie. *yawn*
  7. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

I never made it half way past part 2... Not my cup of tea either.
  8. CANI

CANI Active Member

Life is Beautiful -- excellent -- thanks to pygmalion for mentioning it in another thread!!
  9. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Saw In Time the other day. Loved it.
  10. The last movie I saw in theater was Midnight in Paris with Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams. Nice romance comedy and I like the time-warp/fantasy aspect of it.
  11. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

12. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

Something Borrowed - not cute, annoying, turned it off

I watched another, but can't think of the name.

Watched Black Swan again which was more difficult to get through without wine.
  13. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

"Bad Teacher". Just kidding - it was probably the second worst movie I've ever seen. Written by middle school guys for middle school guys. Can't believe Cameron Diaz is that desperate for work.

Although there was *one* scene that was... intriguing...
  14. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

"Contagion". Basically a remake of "The Andromeda Strain" but several places around here used for exterior shots - look for the yellow bakery sign! I'm also told some coworkers were extras in the lab scenes although DP says there were several OSHA violations.

Ah well... Soemthing else to think about when I cruise down the corridors with all the biohazard warnings on the doors. LOL.
  15. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Coraline..scary PG and quirky..
  16. Aura

Aura Active Member

I watched "Conan the Barbadian" on DVD this weekend. All I can say is "bleck!" I can't really remember a past-mediocre movie I've seen. However, I did see "The Lion King 3D" when it came out in theaters. I sang the songs all the way through the movie! ;)
  17. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Puppet Master (1989) ~ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098143/

A cool little film about puppets brought to life with ancient Egyptian 'magic'. I thought the story held up pretty well and the effects are excellent :D Highly recommended :cool:
  18. mjnemeth

mjnemeth Member

let it be me (1995). Currently on Starz . Thought I saw most ballroom/tango dance movies. I liked this one because didn't follow the usual plot, that is pro/am hook up compete or do a show. How many ballroom dance movies can you think of in the last 50 years that does n't fix that plot! Set in dance studio .

19. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

What is it about?
  20. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

OMG, I LOVED Coraline! Loved, loved, loved it! (I like movies that play with your mind.)

I saw Sixteen Candles for the first time yesterday. :)