Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Oct 19, 2003.

1. mjnemeth

mjnemeth Member

let it be me plot

from IMDB
    After becoming engaged to Emily, Gabe finds himself watching a graceful pair of dancers in a dance studio window. Hoping to learn to dance for his upcoming wedding, Gabe enters the studio to take lessons. While interested in his dance teacher, he finds that he is still looking forward to his wedding, but things change when he has Emily comes in for her lessons.

There also a side plot involving an older couple; Leslie Caron and Patrick Steward !

2. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

People kept telling me I should watch Puss in Boots because there are awesome dance moves in it. Hmm....

3. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Water for Elephants

4. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Also, Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek...sexy sexy Spanish accents.

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

just saw a movie that wasn't any good on netflix...at first I thought I've just gotten soft since grad school from not watching my grammar or reading anything too challenging and from living in the middle of nascar land and watching too much "real housewives''...but since dh is a museum patron and a donor to the CSO and has all sorts of brain power and even he didn't know what the hello was going on when he watched it, I feel it is fair to say; do not watch the "double life of veronique"....it was in french and Polish with sub- titles and I like to polish up on my Polish and I am pretty good on metaphor and all that.... but it was freaky deaky lemon squeaky...we have no clue...he thought I might get it...nope

6. New in NY

New in NY New Member

Have you ever seen the commercial for - I think kahlua - with the line that "everything sounds better in Spanish?" It is hysterical (and it does make a convincing point ...)

7. New in NY

New in NY New Member

Re the Polish - Have you ever watched Pan Tadeusz? It's an epic story, which I don't usually go for, but I enjoyed it and I still play the CD of the score which is absolutely beautiful. It came out about 10 years ago.

8. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Flight of the Navigator (1986)

Watched this many a time but there is now a new Blu-ray release of this... German market only but has English language... Nice transfer :)

9. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

Saw The Muppets last night. It was cute. I liked it.

10. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

anyone seen Another Earth..sounds intriquing

11. ktia85

ktia85 Member

I tried to watch that movie the other night and fell asleep. It was awful!

12. freeageless

freeageless Active Member

Saw The Artist. Great movie. Probably a classic.

13. ktia85

ktia85 Member

Friends with Benefits
    Definately, Maybe
    Bridesmaids

14. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Hugo. 3-D. Magnificent, and unexpected. Haven't enjoyed a movie that much in ages.

And, oddly enough, the trailer for the re-release of Titanic in 3-D made it look like something I must see. Go figure. No surprises, but great, great effects -- in 3-D. Cool.

15. bordertangoman

i am NOT going to see Warhorse; too harrowing

or Streep as Thatcher; not intersted..

16. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I finally got to see Safe House tonight. Definitely not Oscar material, but a great date movie. Action for the guys. Beefcake for the girls. (If you believe in stereotypes. :wink: ) Loved it.

17. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Saw Cabin in the Woods on Friday night...yes, it's only just come to Australia, and it's only in a few indie cinemas. Boo.

It was great. So fantastic. I went in to it expecting a subversive horror film, and that's what it is.

I've seen a lot of reviews/comments from people who expected it to be straight horror, and who subsequently think it's terrible, confusing, and just bad.
    But it's really not. It's so so so good.

18. Aura

Aura Active Member

I saw The Avengers after a previous superhero movie marathon. It was fantastic!

19. bordertangoman

Red Dog; based on the book of the true story..bitter sweet

20. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Saw Brave today. Pixar does not disappoint.