Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Snowwhite & Huntsman, like the drama and action of the movie, not bad, most people on FB rated it 4 stars out of 5, I think I would probably rate it the same

2. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

Happened to catch a Movie called " Hanna ". The script and plot, are bit implausable.. but, the young girl who plays the lead, is surely a future star.

3. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

4. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Finally saw Thor and now I really wish I had seen it before watching Avengers. I'm sure I would have caught a lot more if I had.

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I saw Seeking a Friend for the End of the World a couple days back. As we were walking out, a couple of ladies in front of us lamented about how depressing the movie was. *Uhhh... it's about the Apocalypse. It's supposed to be upbeat, you stupid cows? * I found the movie almost poignant and trying very hard. Not great, but enjoyable.

High point? I was intrigued by the previews for Anna Karenina. I'm going to see that movie and hope for the best. And probably re-read it, before the movie debuts.

6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Carnage

Carnage, Carnage, CARNAGE!!! Cannot recommend it strongly enough. Funny and stomach-churning uncomfortable at the same time. And it has Helen Hunt, John C Riley, Kate Winslet, and Christopher Waltz.

7. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

BF made me watch/rewatch all of the Marvel movies before we went to see The Avengers. Didn't get to Captain America, though.

8. latervet1

latervet1 Member

Funny peaches- i just listed Carnage on the bad movie thread. Maybe it was just my mood- thought i would enjoy it but definitely did not.

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Saw Prometheus this past weekend. Pretty good Alien prequel; though a bit different, stylistically. And you still can't trust an android.

10. Peaches

Agreed. So long as you go into the movie not expecting any sort of continuity, or logic, or even a plot that made a shred of sense (even from one scene to the next)...it's fantastic. Very pretty to look at, plenty of tension, plenty of action, people shooting at stuff, things exploding and stuff, aliens and stuff. Kind of steam-punk meets alien world. Again with the pretty to look at. And stupid as all hell (I really cannot emphasize this enough). But fun!

11. pygmalion

Plot. We don't need no stinkin plot.

Has anybody seen Moonrise Kingdom? That's on my list of stuff to see, but I don't want to waste my time and money.

12. pygmalion

Has anybody seen The Amazing Spiderman? DS wants to se it today in 3D, and I am wondering whether to go with him or send him with his friends.

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

IMO 3D is a waste of money.

14. Peaches

Eh, I dunno. I like it, when it's done well. _Up!_ was fantastic in 3D.

15. pygmalion

Spiderman was pretty good, in a fluffy teenage boy would like it kinda way. 3D, on this movie, was a total waste, IMHO. Most of the time, I couldn't even tell it was supposed to be 3D. I was thinking "What! I paid three extra bucks per person for THIS?!?"

16. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

I quite agree....keeping sprog in line is hard work though....:)

17. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Saw Argo over the weekend, and I highly recommend it. If this movie doesn't get any Academy Award nominations, something is wrong. Argo should get consideration for Best Movie, Best Director (Ben Affleck), Best Supporting Actor (Alan Arkin), Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing, and Best Sound Editing.

Anyone who goes to see this movie should stay through the credits, for side by side images from when the events happened versus scenes in the movie, and closing comments from Jimmy Carter.

18. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Deleting duplicate post

19. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Good to hear, Purr, that's the first movie since "The Hunger Games" that I've been really intrigued about seeing. (I'll get to "The Avengers" on DVD.) Though the next time I actually go to the theater will probably be "Catching Fire" (The Hunger Games II).

Purr likes this.
  20. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Catching Fire is under production now, and the projected release date is November 22, 2013. That's a long wait to go to the theater. ;)

If you're a fan of Jennifer Lawrence, she's starring with Bradley Cooper in The Silver Linings Playbook, which will be out November 21, 2012. The movie also stars Robert DiNiro, Julie Stiles and Chris Tucker. The movie has gotten good critical reception so far, and I'm sure I'll go see it. I've seen the preview twice, and I think there's some kind of dancing in the movie. :D

I've watched The Avengers DVD twice, and I'm still enjoying how well done the movie is. :)

21. MultiFaceted Dancer

MultiFaceted Dancer Active Member

S