Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Didn't care for the movie. (Although I'd watch it again just for Colin Firth.) The book was good, though.
  2. Peaches

Given that you're quote is completely lost on me, I'd say yes.

You'll never think of Beethoven as Beethoven anymore, either.
  3. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Ain't it the truth... funny thing, DH and I were just talking about that movie this weekend, and in so many words, I told him the same thing. I've seen it, he hasn't.
  4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i felt the same way after the first viewing.

i wonder why it happens that i like something later on which i did not like the first go-round. maybe just the frame of mind i was in at the time?

i'd recently read the book, which i really liked. maybe it was just that it couldn't compare when the story was so fresh in my mind at the time.
  5. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Agree. I liked that movie a lot. Very interesting directing. And Colin Firth. Yum.

T_E
  6. Peaches

I think I just really loved the book, and didn't feel it could compare.

(Completely OT, but oh well...if you liked "Girl With a Pearl Earring", try "Girl in Hyacinth (sp?) Blue.")
  7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

you liked that one, yourself? never heard of it.
  8. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Blood Diamond - loved it
    Mystery Men - loved it
    The Man Who Would Be King - an older flick (1975), but worth the watch, IMO
  9. Peaches

Light reading, but interesting storytelling.
  10. Peaches

Er...bot...no new, good movies seen recently. Want to see Shrek 3...want to see Pirates 3.
  11. Twilight_Elena

I am not surprised that we both like Colin Firth. Really not surprised, my dear twin.
    That reminds me. Has anyone seen the Jane Eyre BBC production? I've seen a couple of Jane Eyre films and I think I like the BBC production most.

T_E
  12. Peaches

Doesn't surprise me, either.

Haven't seen Jane Eyre. Own BBC's Pride and Prejudice, though.
  13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i saw jane eyre... some time ago... i think it was the BBC version... liked it.

liked the book better, but that's usually the case, ay? :D
  14. Peaches

If that's the case with J.E., too, then I'm staying the hell away from the movie.
  15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yah, but i could be wrong... if the BBC production of J.E. was different as as good as pride & prejudice... so worth seeing, y'know?
  16. Twilight_Elena

I don't think it's as good as the P&P BBC production. THAT one was a keeper. (I own it too.) But it was still good. J.E. and Rochester are played by fitting actors, I think, and because it's a mini series instead of just a couple of hours in a movie, they can expand on the dialogue and scenery, which is always good.
  17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Try...the wine.
  18. Peaches

Don't remember that bit.

Huh. It's been years since I've seen that movie. I should watch it again.
  19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

peach, i tried to find that hyacinth movie at imdb.com... no luck... you sure that's the title?
  20. Peaches

Sorry, my bad.

I don't think it's been made into a movie. I was commenting on the book. And, yes, that's the title.

Moo moo.