Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Oct 19, 2003.

1. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

The competitive students at my local studio had a dancers' night out, and we went to see the Lego Movie. I heartily approved of it. Everything is awesome, indeed. Seriously, it's good stuff.
    MultiFaceted Dancer likes this.
  2. MultiFaceted Dancer

MultiFaceted Dancer Active Member

It was a great idea to have the Studio go out together to watch a movie. Glad you enjoyed it.
  3. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

"Stick It." It's another cheesy movie in the neighborhood of your typical gymnastic or dance movies, but I liked it. Favorite line: "You know, there are a lot of great people who had jerks for parents. We gotta stick together."
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    stash and dancelvr like this.
  4. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen '12 years a slave?' I want to see it, but heard there is a LOT of violence, and I just don't do well with violence
  5. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

My favorite is the bra strap scene. :)
    Hedwaite and stash like this.
  6. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

12 years a slave was amazing just saw gravity and the academy got it right. there is violence but it adds truth to the tale
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

like water for chocolate.....not new....liked it...but not as much as I wanted to
  8. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

9. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

Saw Star Trek 2009 and Star Trek Into Darkness today. first is good, second is bastardising Trek. But then it brings Paramount revenue, so meh..
  10. CCdance

CCdance Active Member

going to see Tom Cruise's 'Edge of tomorrow' tonight, let's see how it goes, I liked his Oblivion...
  11. CCdance

CCdance Active Member

has anyone seen 'HER'? Scarlet Johansson, Amy Adams and other celebs are in there, the most refreshing movie I've seen so far this year, I have to say...
  12. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Some of my friends saw that and loved it.
    CCdance likes this.
  13. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

How to Train Your Dragon 2;
    excellent..:)
  14. CCdance

CCdance Active Member

and they're absolutely right, went with my bf, we both liked it a lot, strongly recommend!
  15. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Saw Dawn of Planet of the Apes recently...loved it...very thought provoking and special effects were awesome...better than the first movie with James Franco...am saving this in the context that I'm a fan of the original movies with Charleton Heston and Roddy McDowell...
  16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I saw Gravity ....but it wasn't good.....and I was shocked, given all the the critical acclaim and the presence of both Sandra Bullock and George Clooney in the cast.....the symbolism was trite, the dialogue was banal to the point of nearing being campy, and the story line was utterly predictable...it was just....bad....
  17. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Agree with fasc. Gravity was seriously not good. Husband and I saw Hercules this weekend. It was also not good. And it pains me to say that because The Rock is on my laminated, permission to have an affair with "list" lol. Had it not been for the amazing eye candy, it would have no redeeming qualities. On to Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend. I've heard good things.
  18. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings about going to see this, and might pass. The guardians looks so stupid - a tree creature that says 3 words total, and a gun toting raccoon, among others. The only thing I can see this movie has going for it is Bradley Cooper is the voice of the raccoon. Please post your review, or anyone else who's seen it please feel free to chime in.
  19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I've heard nothing bad about GotG, and much good.
  20. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Transformers gargled. Complete waste of time and money. If I see one more fish-faced idiot bimbo screaming and being needy around idiots who trade horrible cliche and lame dialogue... who am I kidding, this is the future of American cinema.