Shall We Dance

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Larinda McRaven, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Even by "messing around" you have actually hit the two answers :lol: would you care to try and be more specific? Anyone willing to give it a try :wink: something about purple and shoes :lol:

2. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Hmm, our man in purple hat :lol: photographed with the shoe supplier to the film!? :D

3. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:banana: You got it! :banana:

:lol: The shoe supplier for the dance scenes (only?) was Ray Rose of London/UK. If one were to google :wink: one would see either an article or press release (don't remember which) which said that they tried different shoe makers and decided that they like Ray Rose the best. AND our friend in purple was photographed with him :D

4. tasche

tasche New Member

On a similar note has anyonenoticed that "designs by Randall" has started printing on hi advertisting materials that he is the "costume designer" for this movie.

Now I know for a fact that Sophie de Rakoff is doing this movie ( she also did the costumes for the legally blonde movie as well) I seriously doubt that he'll be getting screen credit just by being supplier for the ballroom costumes ( at least I never have for providing stuff for movies.) Funny how people like to misrepresent themselves

5. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

Can you confirm this? I'd be interested in seeing it firsthand...

6. tasche

tasche New Member

7. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I saw a preview of Shall We Dance Saturday night, when I went to see Vanity Fair. I want to see it when it comes out. Why? In no particular order:

:arrow: Richard Gere (still) looks hot
    :arrow: I want to see if JLo can dance ballroom
    :arrow: I want to see how good the dancing is in general, if it's as good as the costumes look
    :arrow: It's dancing
    :arrow: Did I mention Richard Gere looks hot :wink:

8. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Thank you! The preview didn't give a specific release date. :D

10. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:roll: It is opening here in London :roll: :lol:

I am laughing because I thought that I had "blinked and missed it". :lol:

Will I be going to see it? Does this banana dance? :arrow: :banana: :wink:

11. dTas

dTas New Member

i finally got a DVD of the original japanese version! whoo hoo!

now to get a perviously viewed copy of the remake. 8)

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

How did you snag that? And is it R1 or R1?

13. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Really? I was also wondering if I blinked and missed it. Better go and check when/where it opens in Edinburgh!
    :car:

14. dTas

dTas New Member

R1 or R1? eh? i dunno... what's R1?

15. Angelo

Angelo New Member

It's for sale on BestBuy.com

16. dTas

dTas New Member

i just walked into Barnes and Nobel and there it was! right next to the american remake. i grabed the original and will wait for the previously viewed discount version of the remake.

17. Laura

Laura New Member

Miramax worked a deal where the Japanese version was not released ANYWHERE on DVD until the US version came out on DVD (I found this out when I was in Japan two years ago looking for it). The world-wide release of the Japanese DVD came out the same day as the Miramax DVD, I think it was February 1. I got both of mine off of Amazon, they automatically sent the right region.

18. Sabor

Sabor New Member

u guys hadn't watched it yet? really!?.. saw it a while back .. not worth going to the movies in my opinion.. maybe while you're eating or something .. sorry :lol:

19. Keith & Rita

Keith & Rita Member

We, unfortunately, went to the see the movie for it's opening release at our local cinema last year. We had high expectations and were truly disappointed. :cry: :cry: That's just our opinion and everybody should judge it on their own.

20. dTas

dTas New Member

just wondering... you said that you were dissapointed, what were you expecting?