Short short hair ideas.

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Lioness, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I did a search, but couldn't find anything WRT hair as short as mine is...

My hair is about this long, and this style:
    [​IMG]
    (Hah, and about that colour at the moment, too)

I'm at loss as to what to do with it for upcoming comp. Should I just let it be and hairspray it to bits? Should I have the fringe off my face (it's not quite as long as the one in the pic)? Should I do it in any particular style, or just let it be?

Should I look into finding a decoration of some sort to put in it?

Help please :)

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I can't see the picture. Is your hair still the same length as it was in your cute, home-made hat pic?

The length your hair was then is about the same length as mine is now, and I gel the heck out of my hair, slick it back, elastic band and/or bobby pin it, and pin on a fake bun or super-short pony tail.

3. Lioness

Oh, picture is being stupid. I'll fix that in a sec.

Hair is slightly shorter than it was back then, and I can't really get elastic in it at all.

It's also got ridiculous amounts of layers, so will that still work with the slicking back?

4. Lioness

Okay...can't modify my post this late after posting.

Here is a better picture (that should actually stay visible)

[​IMG]

5. pygmalion

Ohh! That is short!

I'd proably just spray the heck out of it, add some splashes of hair jewelery and be done.

Cute cut, btw. :-D

6. pygmalion

Not IME. Layers that short and gel = no work. At least I haven't been able to figure out how.

7. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

I am thinking about getting a cut like this. So, how would one dress it up for smooth/standard?

8. pygmalion

I'd love to hear ideas. :cool:

The one thing I came up with earlier but was hesitant to post is what about color? There are some pretty striking temporary rinses and spray in/wash out colors out there that could dress up such a cut and be gone with a little shampoo. I'd probably go with the rinse, even though it might take a couple shampoos. Spray-in colors, IME, are probably not sweat resistant enough.

Just a thought ...

9. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

Hair jewelry

10. Lioness

I'm thinking that I'll re-dye it red just before the comp. It's sort of a muted auburn colour at the moment, but when I freshly dye it it's really rather vivid.

I think the hairspraying the heck out of it will work best :). I'll straighten it so it sits properly, too.

11. pygmalion

And gigantic, eye-catching earrrings.

12. pygmalion

If it were a tad shorter, I'd suggest spiking it -- probably not for standard or smooth. But I think you could get away with it for Latin, L.

13. Lioness

Teehee, that would be fun to do.

Unfortunately, not dancing latin any more :(.

I might be able to do something less severe though

14. pygmalion

Not spiking like those goth guys on the train whose entire head of hair is in three gigantic weapon-looking things. :shock:

Gentle, feathery, girly spikes. I doubt I'll find a picture. *sigh* What I'm envisioning is not at all severe. Bold, perhaps, bu not severe. And in any case, your hair is too long. Bet you never guessed you'd hear that any time soon, did ya? :wink:

15. Lioness

Hah. I sort of know what you mean, I think.
    But as for the too long...yeah...I sorta get that. It's due for another cut soon.

16. pygmalion

It's just that spikes have to be super short or else they flop. No matter how much hairspray. BTDT.

I love your haircut just the length it is. We just have to figure out what you're going to do to dress it up. :cool:

17. Lioness

It's a little longer than that ATM, but that's about how long it was a week or so ago.

I can probably persuade myself to go shopping for hair accessories without too much trouble...

18. pygmalion

:lol: Go figure!

Sparklies on bobby pins work wonders. :-D

19. AMeader

AMeader New Member

Slick it back and wear a fascinator perhaps? Etsy always has a ton of really unique fascinators...

20. benm

benm Member

Is it long enough to make a ponytail? I'm guessing no?

My standard partner has short hair, though not quite that short. She uses a hair extension which ends up looking quite nice. The hair extension pins onto her ponytail. It's time consuming to put in on but it does work well.