Short short hair ideas.

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Lioness, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

:D

I've got a vague idea. I asked coach, who also has short hair.

She suggested giving it extra volume at the back, so it looks like my head's back further. Pinning fringe securely off my face, and keeping front fairly solid/sleek, so it doesn't move around.
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

*lobbying for pix of the final 'do*
  3. Lioness

I intend to play with it tomorrow...I'll see what I can come up with.
  4. AMeader

AMeader New Member

+1, I want to see what you come up with!
  5. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

<3 pictures...definitely post!!
  6. Lioness

Ok, pictures. I wasn't feeling very good at doing hair (when am I ever...?) so I moussed it, put a bit of wax in it, and lots of bobby pins (including sparkly ones)

One side:
    [​IMG]

The other side:
    [​IMG]

It's not very flat, and it moves a bit, but I figure it'll do for a low level.
  7. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Use a "freeze" hairspray after your done doing your hair Lioness - with bobby pins in place. It will hold your hair and pins - literally. My daughter used a very small diameter curling rod - her hair is your length. and she "rolled" sections to look like small ocean waves and then sprayed it with "Got2BGlued". It didn't budge until she washed it out. Good luck.
  8. AMeader

AMeader New Member

I love your haircolor! It will really look good on the floor.
  9. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

Cute, you could also try wetting your hair, then, using a lot of gel, push in the pins ( i love the pins), and let it dry this way. You would get nice waves like that.
    This girl gives a decent explanation how to do a few waves. Its a reasonable tutorial. She has long hair, but its easier with short hair. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sBvYUABO0Y
  10. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Love the haircolor.love lovelove it
    Love the pins
    Think the hair style looks great

You've inspired me to think more about what to do with mine (much shorter than yours, and my red is highlights) next time I compete (if ever). I'm in the mood to punk out: wax and spike and spray it, and sprinkle it with glitter, and be damned to Teach's preference for ladylike.

We'll See.
  11. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

nice lioness!
  12. Lioness

Thanks guys ^^

HereKittyKitty: I had a look at the video...doesn't seem like something I can teach myself to do in a day, but I'll practise it for next time.

j_alex...I don't know if you've got it in America...it's Schwartzkopt Live Rich Burgundy colour...it's only a temp (8 washes), but I loves it.

3wishes: I will hairspray it on the day, but didn't want to for just a trial run.
  13. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Gorgeous hair, L. The color is vibrant!
  14. Lioness

Thanks P :)

Hair was a success...nothing came loose, and I didn't get reprimanded for having sparklies (yes!). Pictures will arrive...maybe Tuesday some time...whenever friend gets back to his home state and uploads them.
  15. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

great Lioness!
  16. roxie333

roxie333 New Member

I agree with everyone about using hairspray to keep it in place. If you want to be really flirty, you can have a hairstylist add in highlights to it :)
  17. Lioness

Ok, so picture of what actual hair looked like...

[​IMG]

And the side of the hair:
    [​IMG]

I arranged the pins in such a way that they looked like a headband.
  18. bia

bia Well-Known Member

The hair looks great, Lioness, thanks for showing us! And I particularly like that first picture. Such elegance.
  19. roxie333

roxie333 New Member

That hairstyle looks very sculpted, stylish which is the kind of look I know many of us would want when ballroom dancing.
  20. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

Lovely. Nice job!

I'll echo what many others have said about loving your hair color.