Short short hair ideas.

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Lioness, Nov 7, 2010.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

That's my concern with the braids, as well. I don't know what you hair texture is; I can't tell from pictures. But how the heck do you braid hair that short without it escaping?
  2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I don't know, lol. In hoping my resident hair goddess knows what she's doing. I have mousse and stuff.

If nothing works out I'll just stick it in a bun thing and pin it, but that's a bit boring.
  3. pygmalion

My concern is whether the style will last all day. Braids are gorgeous but they have to have something to hold them. With my hair, just the texture creates enough ...something or the other ... to make the braids stay pit. But, with relatively fine hair, what would keep the braids from slipping out after a couple of hours of hard dancing?

Is hairspray enough?
  4. Lioness

I hope a mixture of hairspray, mousse, and bobby pins will keep it in check. I don't have a huge amount of events, so I should be able to do touch ups in between if I need to.
  5. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

I bet if you used enough hairspray it would stay -- assuming you can get all the pieces in and neat long enough to spray it and have the spray harden. I've had enough hairspray in my hair that it was not going anywhere...short hairs or not.
  6. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

When I braid, I put got2b defiant pomade in as I go. It controls the flyaways and makes them hold better without getting crunchy and inflexible like hairspray or gel.
  7. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

What about this? Not too difficult, but looks classy. Allegedly in the back it can be a bun or ponytail. Is your bun pathetic? Do you need "stuffing"? :p
    [​IMG]

another one, and obviously you'd spray the bejeebus out of it to keep it from moving:
    [​IMG]
    latingal likes this.
  8. pygmalion

Stuffing is another option. Cheap, coarse hair (Or heaven knows what they put in that stuff lol) in your baby bun = marvelous bun in a minute. :)
  9. pygmalion

How the heck do you get it to do that?
  10. MissSongbird

MissSongbird Member

LOTS of curling and then LOTS of pinning. haha
  11. pygmalion

I suspect hairspray is involved ... in large quantities. :D
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  12. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

truckloads but looks great
  13. middy

middy Well-Known Member

I have seen some cute curled loose-ish hair, just pulled back from the face and sprayed a lot. If your hair can hold a curl well, that might be a good option. If it doesn't though, you might just get a limp wavy mess. So the pinned-curls look nikkitta suggested would offer more structure/stability in that case.
  14. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

A couple of hundred bobby pins should do it. Just be careful around large magnets.

(Says the DH whose job after the comp is pulling bobby pins)
  15. pygmalion

lol. Oh. You poor thing!
  16. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

17. pygmalion

Is quick twist a product you can buy?
  18. middy

middy Well-Known Member

It just looks like the name of a hair style here, am I right?
  19. Lioness

Yup. I tried that one last night.

So far the tuck looked better.

My problem with not going with braids is that DP's girlfriend is helping me, and she really wants to do braids. I don't want to ask for something else unless the braids don't work out.
  20. pygmalion

Then I'd go with mindputtee's suggestion. Use product every step of the way while she makes braids.
    Lioness likes this.